1973 Mach 1 Ford Marketing Car

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sept and Oct of 1970 but June of 73. Very unusual unless it was for one of the executives in the department who didn't care for the Mustang IIs. That's my best guess.
Ya..Very true...But what is odd...Mine 2 is ordered in June with almost the same list of options.....Same red with white interior...Mine got a white top instead of a black...lol.....His has a few more...His built on june 12th...Mine on June 4th...8 days within eachother...and flat out his is the only 73 mustang i ever seen with more options than mine....I have have read alot of marti reports.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sept and Oct of 1970 but June of 73. Very unusual unless it was for one of the executives in the department who didn't care for the Mustang IIs. That's my best guess.
Ya..Very true...But what is odd...Mine 2 is ordered in June with almost the same list of options.....Same red with white interior...Mine got a white top instead of a black...lol.....His has a few more...His built on june 12th...Mine on June 4th...8 days within eachother...and flat out his is the only 73 mustang i ever seen with more options than mine....I have have read alot of marti reports.
Yeah, I remember talking about your well optioned car and the mystery code. Yours was tops until Jeff found this one. Both are cool and interesting. :cool:

Yeah, I remember talking about your well optioned car and the mystery code. Yours was tops until Jeff found this one. Both are cool and interesting. :cool:
Ya..That J code is still a mystery:( lol I was hoping Jeffs had a warranty plate with his too so i could double check..But nope..Alot of them got lost.

maybe to use up all of the remaining parts, before the Mustang II's came out, not much of the 73' parts could be used on the 74's? just a thought.
I thought that too..But i have read many mustangs marti reports built later than our stangs with much less options...lol..Maybe they offered a deal to dealers and retail people when it was getting late...Cause most optioned out cars i seen are retail or special ordered...I have yet too see a stock order that high..." Yet "that is..lol

Notice the line at the bottom that reads "10gal gas $4". Mine reads 12gal

for $4. The price is already going up!

mike
I checked mine from April 71; 12 gals for $4.00. 42 years later 1 gal for $4. :dodgy:

You pay $4 for a gallon of hi-test? Lucky you!

mike
That's STILL too much. Gas should be $1.50/gal. No reason not to be. But I don't want to hijack the thread on that subject. Lol

Mmmm, my 71 mach invoice has, 7gal gas = $2.33. Dated Oct 9th 1970.

With a total invoice price of $4585.75 you think they would have let the original owner of a couple of bucks for the gas....

Hi guys,

Most of you have seen my posts about this car and the fact that it was sold to Ford Marketing Corporation. I recently discovered that there were quite a few different Order Types and thought it would be worth the few extra bucks to see what it said for my car.

Anyone have any ideas as to what this order type may mean? I did a google search and could not find any info or other cars with this designation.

Jeff

Hi guys,

Most of you have seen my posts about this car and the fact that it was sold to Ford Marketing Corporation. I recently discovered that there were quite a few different Order Types and thought it would be worth the few extra bucks to see what it said for my car.

Anyone have any ideas as to what this order type may mean? I did a google search and could not find any info or other cars with this designation.

Jeff

Order Type Ford Motor Company builds vehicles for different purposes and different customers. In fact, there are over twenty different classifications of order types. Some of the more common are:

Retail – an individual comes to a dealership and orders an as yet unbuilt vehicle

Stock – a dealer orders a vehicle to have available for display at his/her location

Basic – Ford has excess capacity on an assembly line and produces vehicles to keep the plant busy

Fleet – a company that orders five or more vehicles yearly qualifies for price breaks on these vehicles

Special Purpose Vehicle – a vehicle built by Ford for what the name implies

Introductory Show Unit – a vehicle built to demonstrate a new model. Generally this vehicle is shipped to be on display at some large public gathering

A-Plan – vehicles built for current Ford employees and sold at a discounted price

Z-Plan – vehicles built for retired Ford employees and sold at a discounted price

Lease – vehicles leased by Ford to an individual or a company

Over 20 dif and they dont show them all.." i dont know why" .That is something you mite have to call them or email them about ;)

It is a VERY interesting car to me because it was a show car of some sort but why? It was built at the end of the 73 production run which was also the end of the body style.

I'd write Ford Marketing and ask them to look into their records to see if they have anything about it.

Hi guys,

Jeff
Jeff When I worked at a plant for Ford we made special caressed vehicles for shows and were flagged so we knew which body it was going through.This was a real late build for 1 of those since they were switching body the next yr.

As for an employee bought vehicle it would be listed on the invoice. When I bought my 72 convertible it had the employee name listed on it from the Lois Emminger report in which Marti owns those now too. Roger Hayman also worked with Lois on those gate copies they provided and when I went to Michigan to pickup the Convertible I met Roger and got the report at the same time.

Thanks guys...got this back from Kevin Marti today on Order Type.

Order Type - Sales Vehicle: indicates this vehicle was ordered by the Marketing Department and used to demonstrate and promote to dealerships. Because it was to promote and demonstrate, these vehicles were highly optioned.

Thank you,

Marti Auto Works

PS:Still seems odd being so late in the year but guess we will never know for sure. I am going to reach out to Ford as Don suggested in the hopes I can get anymore info/

Thanks guys...got this back from Kevin Marti today on Order Type.

Order Type - Sales Vehicle: indicates this vehicle was ordered by the Marketing Department and used to demonstrate and promote to dealerships. Because it was to promote and demonstrate, these vehicles were highly optioned.

Thank you,

Marti Auto Works

PS:Still seems odd being so late in the year but guess we will never know for sure. I am going to reach out to Ford as Don suggested in the hopes I can get anymore info/
Ya..it so close to my car too...Like alot people said about mine..I think they was runing out of time and had alot of sweet parts left over they needed to find a way to get rid of before mustang 2's started popping out...Hopefully ford can give you a good idea who what or why..lol

Thanks everyone for your input...

One piece of new information has come to light. If you look on page two of the Emminger invoice you see a stamp that the car was diverted to E & L Hollingsworth (Wixcom plant). This was/is the freight company that Ford used to "rush" vehicles by AIR to certain locations. I did not know that cars were shipped by other than train but is very interesting.

Speculation from this knowledgeable person was that car my have been for a "Ford family member" but he is still researching. At this point, does not seem likely that car was intended for lease/exec purchase.

Will pass along more info as I find out. Thanks for being able to share with all of you.

Jeff

I made a comment about the Wixom plant in a different thread and just saw that it has already been discussed. What about the Wallace name near the top of page two? Could he be the guy that bought it?

Back