1973 Mach1 Fastback Project

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 Completed
1972 Mach 1 Future Project
1972 Mach 1 Doner Parts Car
1973 302 Current Project
Hey Gang,

My parts are in and inventory taken. Two truck loads of parts from 5 vendors and only 1 outer tie rod missing, simply amazing! Notified vendor and part sent with no questions asked. I gotta say thanks to CJ Pony, Scotty Strickland (Amazing Ford Enthusiast with over 100 Parts cars) Jegs, Summit Racing and A/C Solutions. The 1973 Project will be in full swing soon thanks to these guys! Majority of the 2 truck loads came from CJ Pony and I'm just lost for words with this company. Hooked me up in ways that I honestly don't think any other company could have or would have, so big MAHALO for that!

10gbfrs.jpg

t8sxds.jpg

Even Front seat and Cab used LOL!

9701mx.jpg

vdltw7.jpg

2j2z2w7.jpg

Looks like you've got your work cut out for you. I had a lot of luck with CJ's too over the years. They messed up a couple of times, but went out of their way to make it right. Ohio Mustang has helped out a few times too.

Looks like you've got your work cut out for you. I had a lot of luck with CJ's too over the years. They messed up a couple of times, but went out of their way to make it right. Ohio Mustang has helped out a few times too.
That's what its all about eh OLE PONY? Great customer service! My 1971 project (first ever in this scale) didn't go so well. Decided that instead of going with several vendors, I'd go with just one and took a chance with Steve / CJ's and I'm glad I did. After doing the 1971, I think the 1973 will be a blast to do and having the right tools makes it sooo much easier. Already got the tools from the 1971 project so looking forward to an enjoyable rebuild. ;)

Is that the Scotty Strickland in Oxford, North Carolina? Looks like we're going to be seeing a lot on what I did to my car today.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a pretty picture. Have fun with the rebuild.
Sure is and even prettier when unboxed and 99% accounted for and none damamged. I've got my full face helmet and bullet proof vest ready for the front coil springs :D Hopefully this rebuild will be as fun as the 71.

Congratulations! That is one awesome order you collected.
Thanks Don! For this build, I'm focusing on interior and engine bay. Exterior will be a daily drive, don't care if the inconsiderate person parked next to me dings the door.

Feels like Christmas, all those boxes ...... :)
Sure did and Scotty Strickland made sure it ;) Funny guy used christmas wrapping paper to stuff the box.

Is that the Scotty Strickland in Oxford, North Carolina? Looks like we're going to be seeing a lot on what I did to my car today.
Yes it is! I needed interior rear quarter panels, A pillers, and lots of other interior parts and engine parts. He sent me a picture of the interior quarter panels and I was immediately sold. Amazing condition for being originals.

I'll more than likely drop in on "what I did to my car today" but may do this build on FordMuscle again. That's where I did my first build and I feel like they've helped me out a lot that it would only be right to do it there again.

wow, was the car given to you? I have never seen anyone spend this much on a 71-73.
ha ha you haven't met the other members then or seen project Pegasus. Mine is chump change compared to what some spend on their engines or professional restoration shops to do the work for them. This is called "Passion and Addiction" Stick around long enough and you'll get what I'm talking about. Just ask Don65stang ;) Seen my toy collection page? This body style has been a passion of mine since the day I could recognize shapes and colors :D I'm now messed up when it comes to watching movies LOL!

Having worked a build while "overseas", I can imagine the euphoria you experienced upon receiving that shipment:)!

I am also really happy to hear that you have apparently had OUTSTANDING results with one of OUR vendors who do so much from a fiscal standpoint in assisting Barry (Rocketfoot) in keeping the Site "up and running."

THANKS for sharing your experience!

BT

Scotty is where I'm picking up my frame for the front end. Man is a character. Very friendly and straight up and down. Members can find what he has available on Craigslist, Raleigh,NC. most listings for Ford parts ending with Oxford are him. or Email at [email protected]

Feels like Christmas, all those boxes ...... :)
Lux, If I had ordered that many boxes all at once there wouldn't be a Christmas at my house! Side note: guess what my boys (11 & 6) are getting for Christmas for the next several years. Answer: similar boxes to these with the parts needed to fix up their cars by the time each is 16.

I guess I got lucky. When I bought mine in Denver I drove it back to Texas in 2 days. It was in great condition, no collisions, no rust and the interior looked like brand new. The original paint was faded and the vinyl roof was cut in 2 small places. Other than that it was perfect. I drove the car for 2 years before I bought new wheels and tires then decided to repaint the car from top to bottom. The week before it was to go into the shop, the lady across the street backed up into my left quarter and pretty much bought my entire paint job. The paint shop is owned by my BIL and it was going to paint my car for $2500 if I brought the car to him ready sand and remove and dings. My total out of pocket was $400 for a factory paint job that you cannot tell from the original. I am in my final weeks of getting it back together so my total out of pocket for the car to date is $3500 for the car and about another $1500 for parts and the paint. For $5000 I have one hell of a car and that includes the rebuilt FMX transmission.

I guess I got lucky. When I bought mine in Denver I drove it back to Texas in 2 days. It was in great condition, no collisions, no rust and the interior looked like brand new. The original paint was faded and the vinyl roof was cut in 2 small places. Other than that it was perfect. I drove the car for 2 years before I bought new wheels and tires then decided to repaint the car from top to bottom. The week before it was to go into the shop, the lady across the street backed up into my left quarter and pretty much bought my entire paint job. The paint shop is owned by my BIL and it was going to paint my car for $2500 if I brought the car to him ready sand and remove and dings. My total out of pocket was $400 for a factory paint job that you cannot tell from the original. I am in my final weeks of getting it back together so my total out of pocket for the car to date is $3500 for the car and about another $1500 for parts and the paint. For $5000 I have one hell of a car and that includes the rebuilt FMX transmission.
lollerz Lucky you, my luck is not that good.

lollerz Lucky you, my luck is not that good.
Ditto!

I find fastbacks all the time for a good deal. There is one right now for less than 8000 thats been painted and just needs to be put back together with all new parts. I am so tempted.

I find fastbacks all the time for a good deal. There is one right now for less than 8000 thats been painted and just needs to be put back together with all new parts. I am so tempted.
Do it man! I would & have. :D

Hmmm, got any pics of it? Houston is just a few hours away. I'm kidding guys!...there's no room in the stable for another one. :d

Last edited by a moderator:
Back