2012 White Elephant gift exchange

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted to jump in but looks like i'm too late.
You're not too late. I've sent out most of the trading partners but I have a few stragglers who haven't sent me their address yet.
OK, Sent you my info on PM. Thanks!!

Glad to contribute and join in on the fun!

Ok guys, everyone should have there dancing partners now. (I hope)

Please send out your gifts. Remember, they can be useless, gag or a real gift or combination thereof.

Once you get you gift open it and post in the "2012 What did ya get? thread I'll start later. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.
:D

Don,

Very cool that you did this again this year. Your a model Christian and a good friend. Thanks so much for your efforts.

The Miller Family

Thanks. Being a part of this very cool community and the friendships I've made on here make it all worthwhile.

And, when are the secret Santa's revealed? Do we leave a note in the package? Do we PM them the day after?

What is the 7173mustang.com etiquette for this? As everyone here knows, I am all about the etiquette.

I have been laughing myself silly thinking of all the good stuff I could send to my recipient. In fact, I am going to start making a Secret Santa box in preparation for the years to come.

And, if this opportunity no longer presents itself, I'll send it to Doc because I know he appreciates fine articles made of iron ore, rubber and glass.

Last edited by a moderator:
And, when are the secret Santa's revealed? Do we leave a note in the package? Do we PM them the day after?

What is the 7173mustang.com etiquette for this? As everyone here knows, I am all about the etiquette.

I have been laughing myself silly thinking of all the good stuff I could send to my recipient. In fact, I am going to start making a Secret Santa box in preparation for the years to come.

And, if this opportunity no longer presents itself, I'll send it to Doc because I know he appreciates fine articles made of iron ore, rubber and glass.
My married couples Sunday school group has a white elephant gift exchange every year.  Each year, the leader always makes it clear that the gifts are supposed to be the tackiest, ugliest, most ridiculous thing you can find around the house, and wrap it so that it's impossible to tell what it is. No one is supposed to bring anything nice or new.  This party is always eagerly awaited and is well attended.  Our party was last Sunday, and my wife and I brought two canvas grocery bags full of "stuff" from around the house, previous white elephant gifts plus a couple of items that we'd bought throughout the year.  You know the type of thing:  you see them in the store, you buy them, you take them home, then wonder what possessed you to buy it, and it's too cheap to take back to the store.  In exchange I got someone's Valentine's gift teddy bear; the bear is white and the soles of its feet are red hearts, and it has an attached heart-shaped gift box with squashed flowers on top.  Wife got two inflatable guitars that were packed in a container that had held Belgian chocolates.  Other gifts were wind-up sushi toys and a head massager that looked like some kind of alien being with wire legs and an ugly wizard's head on top.

I think the people who bring nice, new things to a white elephant gift exchange are missing the point.  This is supposed to be a fun exchange of tacky gifts and junk, not a contest to see who can bring the nicest present.  If it's supposed to be nice gifts, then make it a regular gift exchange.

Names can be revieled in the what did ya get thread however the giver or receiver wants to do it. I can post a PDF of my worksheet showing the name selections as well. It would be more funny though for the givers to fess up once the receivers post a pic of the goods.

...the gifts are supposed to be the tackiest, ugliest, most ridiculous thing you can find around the house
In other words, something the wife won't miss.

:huh: You're going to send me a Mach I to match my 'vert? Yahoo!! :banana:::chili:::banana:
+1

Where's the like button on here? Oh wait...that's facebook.

...the gifts are supposed to be the tackiest, ugliest, most ridiculous thing you can find around the house
In other words, something the wife won't miss.
Exactly! Which is most of my stuff and several of my cars.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back