429 SCJ for sale in Europe

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mustangandy

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Cobra Jet 429 Ram Air C6 auto 3.50 traction loc
[url=https://ibb.co/Wtx4kTW][img]https://i.ibb.co/dgWwPh0/mine1.jpg[/img][/url]
Came across this today. £70k or about $87,500. No idea if it might be worth the asking price (and couldn't afford it anyway) but as so few are available across the pond? I also think they're being a bit optimistic with it's comparison and prices with Boss 429!

1971 71 Mustang mach 1 429 SCJ dragpack, super rare car ! For Sale

From our showroom in The Netherlands, PTTM muscle cars offer :

A super rare, true one of one build '71 Mustang Mach 1 SUPER COBRA JET 429 big block with manual 4 speed transmission and Y code DRAG PACK 4.11 rear end gears. This car is also a genuine low 29800 mile original car. It's completely rotisserie restored and numbers matching and comes in its very desirable and rare Grabber blue color with silver stripes and details and functional Ram Air hood. 

It's one of only 324 ever produced 4 speed SCJ ( CJ-R code) cars and a true and functional Ram Air car. In this color combination and with its special options its estimated that this is the only car ever produced. Its also the fastest Mustang fastback or even Mach1's ever produced and it was even faster and much more rare than the famous 69/70 Boss 429 cars of which there were 2900 produced. On the quarter mile this car was faster in both 60ft as well as the standing 1/4 mile. 

The car comes with its matching number driveline, all correct Dragpack and SCJ components, a Marti report and all correct data tags and codes to prove its original pedigree. The 429 SCJ engine was a very special engine and was the upgrade of the earlier BOSS 429 which was not what Ford expected it to be. The 429 SCJ, however, was way more reliable and gave more HP and speed. But with the upcoming fuel crises in the early '70s the market for these powerhouses dropped immediately and the production of them was lower than ever before. As of mid-1971 Ford had to drop there monster engine because costs for production was to high against the sales. This means this is a very rare car indeed and not many of them still exist today, let alone have there matching drivelines still in place. 

The low mile ( 29800) original car was restored to very high-quality standards and we can truly say its one of the best we have ever seen. Very high collectible car for any Mustang or muscle car fan, as this car is a true hidden gem. In 1971 there were not many cars that could outperform this car. The all-new 1971 Mustang design also meant a much better and upgraded handling and brake package and it was the last year for the real big block Ford Performance muscle cars.

The car is also equipped with many other special options such as, power steering close ratio steering, Power front disc brakes, AM/FM stereo with cassette ( rare in 1971 ), Tinted Windows, Rear and front spoiler package, Front colored bumper and color-keyed mirrors, Magnum 15 inch chromed wheels, rear window defogger, Y code Dragpack rear end, manual 4 speed trans and more. 

This car is still priced well below the costs to restore it and there for a great opportunity for someone who understands the rarity and wants to own a real piece of Ford Mustang history. With prices for some Boss mustangs going well over the 3-400k marker, this car will also soon follow the same route for sure as it's even rarer and ... it was the better and faster car as well. 

For more information, pictures, videos, on this or one of our 45+ other muscle cars in stock please visit: - details above

If there are details on the car you want to change or add some personal details, we can assist you with that no problem!

- The car comes with US title and EU import taxes paid and included

- All our cars are sold with complete service and inspection prior to delivery.

- On request, we can transport the car door to door worldwide!

- On request we can also sell the car with Dutch plates or assist with TUV (H) 

- For export price outside of the EU, please contact our sale.

- While every reasonable effort is made to ensure the accuracy of this information, we are not responsible for any errors or omissions contained on these pages. Prices and info in online ad’s or website might diver and are subjected to changes and or have mistakes in them. Please verify any information in question with Pedal to the Metal Holland/Europe. 

And keep in mind that, the car you're looking at here today, was also looked at by others yesterday. And we can only sell it once!

PTTM is a high-quality Musclecar speed shop with always around 35-40+ high-quality Muscle cars & projects for sale. We are all-round and have restored & built many award-winning cars. We have our own engine and transmission build department and body and paint shop, as well as a large parts store.

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1129390

I would have to agree that it is a much better performance car than the Boss 429. The 9 cars were not built to handle or go down the 1/4 mile. They were built as the cheapest, fastest, least painful way to get the required number of Boss 9 engines in the public's hands so it would be legal for NASCAR. No other reason. They really were a sucky car.

That is high for sure but to get one to Europe is also a chore. Some were built there also.

Hmmm. Without looking closely, I see many non factory oriented changes... Completed a rotisserie restoration at this claimed low original miles? As someone that has gone through this process on these rare car’s, I personally, would never do a complete rotisserie restoration on a low mile car like this, it’s value lies in the originality aspect. When I got my J Code Vert, it had been used and abused, showing 95k on the odometer. In my opinion, having been around these car’s for forty year’s, my Vert was at least 195k and quite possibly 295k given that it was a Tucson AZ car and driven year round... I had no option, but to complete the rotisserie restoration... The good thing about this Mach is the original driveline is complete on the car. It has lots going for it, many of the items I noticed could be easily addressed to bring it closer to factory. Nice and much potential here... I actually hope it stays in Europe to represent the ‘71-3 car’s moving forward...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I'd read that the Boss cars were not that good as sold but could be awesome in their potential if then built up 'correctly'.

I've only managed to find ads for three 429's for sale/sold in Europe over the last few years. This SCJ, my CJ and another SCJ in UK (private sale) advertised for £45,500 about $57,000 which had had a partial restoration and a rebuilt, numbers matching engine. Parts, especially, large and/or heavy ones are ridiculously expensive to import to Europe as I'm finding out if work is needed! Would be cool if it remains over here that's for sure. As it's a shop car, rather than private, I guess the owner is not a member on this site?

In Switzerland you will find also a handfull of 429CJ. Mine was black and officially imported through Ford Switzerland in 1971. Actually it sits in a private collection of over 200 Mustangs.

Imagine owning a car with a 429 and 4.11 gears where gas is $9/gallon. Not surprised its got low miles. :D

Back