71-73 Mustangs in movies and tv?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A beautifull yellow coupé in "Death proof" from great Tarantino.

Sorry if already mentionned.

In "Barfly" movie, at the beginning of the movie (around 1m26s) there is a '73 Mustang coupé.

SAM_3130.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a Steven Segal driving a black 71 Mach 1. Re Above the Law. Performed like an R-Code w/4.11 rear axle and seemed had a Hurst 4-speed in it. During the movie, the mustang got sandwiched between a a bull dozer and @ steam shovel.

There was a Steven Segal driving a black 71 Mach 1. Re Above the Law. Performed like an R-Code w/4.11 rear axle and seemed had a Hurst 4-speed in it. During the movie, the mustang got sandwiched between a a bull dozer and @ steam shovel.
Actually, it was a very dark green 73 Sportsroof and the movie was Marked for Death. I saw it a few weeks ago and the Mustang really caught my eye. And yes, it got smushed, but it was between a garbage truck and a bucket loader.

You are right, w/the island drug lord/cult!

Episode 4 "Kill or Be Killed" of the latest (3rd) 3rd incarnation features a Mach I. I do not know enough about the differences between the various years of the cars to know which one but it has a non metal bumper on the front suggesting a 73.

It is in a flashback to 1991! segment at the beginning of the episode. Our protagonist has stolen the car and the police are chasing him. The car stops the cops come out to arrest the driver and find the car empty. He teleported out of the car. There are some nice shots of the interior of the car from the cop's point of view as he tries to find the driver.

This was originally run on 30 Oct 13 on the CW and suspect it will be rerun sometime in the next couple of months. I liked the first two versions of the show (both made in the UK)- there was a problem with my recording of the first episode that was rerun last Wednesday so been watching them while not dealing with the snow and cold and a bad charging system in my Mustang.

Friday night I went to the movies with the Missus to watch "Dallas Buyers Club" (good movie by the way) and in one scene there is a red vert with a white top parked in a lot and the main character walks right past it.

The car sits prominently in the frame and you see it from the rear.

I was watching an old Hawaii Five 0 (season 7 episode 2) titled "A Hawaiian Nightmare". Within the first 10 minutes, this 73 Mustang convertible is shown. It was driven by some kind of mob enforcer type. The car has power windows, no gauges, and aftermarket wheels. The original air date of this episode was 9/17/74 so this car was pretty new then.

jrxjdy.jpg

I just had a minor part in a movie filmed here in Florida called "In Betwwen Days".

A red 65/66 notchback with white Shelby stripes figures prominently in the film.

Not in very good shape: Rotted fenders with holes showing, emblems falling off and a pretty stripped-out interior.

Not sure what the significance of the car is in the context of the story, but it was used a lot in the closing scenes set in front of a "World Premier" at a movie theater.

zpfile002.jpg

zpfile004.jpg

zpfile000.jpg

Last edited:
Back