71 lime sportsroof

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to Mustang by the Numbers, in 71 there were only 26 Grabber Lime Fastbacks with White Knit Vinyl Decor.  No way to know for sure, but I'd be willing to bet the majority of those were Mach 1s.
Wow that’s pretty rare! I have a feeling if I paid the 80$ this car could be boiled down to a 1 of 1 with the options. Definitely has some good ones

The Decor Group wasn't available on the Mach 1, only the convertible, sportsroof and the Boss 351. 
I dig the decor group. I’m actually going to have some of it on my car. I’ve got the wheel well molding trim and I am thinking about keeping the upper hood trim with the small upper fender pieces. I just don’t see that on many cars. I’m not sure how Itl look with the blackout hood but I’ll hold the pieces up there and see. I won’t be using the lower rocker trim tho, that one I’m not too much of a fan 

you can do whatever you want to make it your car, without worrying about if your modifications are devaluing it.
That might be true in the states, but over here, noone is that picky on details simply because these cars are so rare and totally unknown. If the VIN says it's a desirable model and the car is in good condition it will bring as much bit modified as in original state if not more. I see often very basic models go for the price of greatly optioned ones simply because they look great, have a nice pair of wheels and a chrome air filter cover!

I missed out on similar car with a 351c for 500 bucks a few years back.  I'm still mad at my self for not knocking on the door.
The yellow Mach I found in a field last winter was totally that situation where I went and knocked on the door. 

it was quite a pile of rust but had some goodies. Definitely worth the 500$. 

always worth an ask!

You live in a country where such treasures can still be found on the side of the road, in barns or in fields, and where you can buy them for a fair amount. That's what we dream of on the other side of the big pond. Here, you can't find Mustangs to stripe without paying a fortune for them.

Frank

The yellow Mach I found in a field last winter was totally that situation where I went and knocked on the door. 

it was quite a pile of rust but had some goodies. Definitely worth the 500$. 

always worth an ask!
The one I missed out on was rust free San Diego car. The guy that scored on it got it up and running then maid it to a bullet clone. The car looks good but tell him every time I see it to remove the bullet badges.

Back