71 M code 4 speed bright red/vermilion Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. thanks for the pic.. are there more of this car somewhere? We are doing a tribute car... M code Mach with automatic.. I see this car also has air?
That is the Dezer/Keswick car, which was also used for Tournament of Thrills. I have a complete photostream on Flickr of it:

I'd be glad to go by the museum again and speak with the curator to access the car for any additional photos.

-Kurt
Thanks so much for the offer.. may take you up on that as we progress.

Much appreciated! Doug in Indy

Not to be a party pooper but that car deserved to be restored to concourse because of all the time and effort I put into finding N.O.S. Parts and the 15x7 wheels and rings caps. I had to buy a whole car on eBay and have it shipped from Ok. to get those wheels and then found a second set of rings for them to make 4 good ones. Not to mention that I went to Santa Barbara Ca. To pick it up 8 yrs before that from Ut. I had to sell it because of a business partnership gone bad(lawyer fees) other wise it wouldn't have left my ownership. I am sad to see it didn't get the restoration it deserved but it is your car now and I wish you the best.
We have a theme on this site that encourages owners to build their cars the way they want. For a whole myriad of reasons James built it the way he wanted. Sorry you have seller's remorse but once it's no longer yours then your opinion and woulda/shoulda/coulda comments are better not expressed unless the OP asks for such opinions. Let James be happy with what he's done. It's an awesome car and it looks fantastic even if it's not concourse.
Don if you read the post you see at the end I said I wish you the best. He should know some of the history of what previous owners went thru and how they treated the car also. I would want to know history of the my cars and their journey's! But he won't even respond to me. Sorry if I offended you!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't see anything particularly or intentionally inflammatory with your comments, Tom.

Don sold the car to James, and James wanted more of a DAF tribute car (based on the things I can see that were done) - so Don helped out with that prior to pick-up, as James is a little further away in Oz. I could see though where a guy might've gotten the wrong idea as you said the car should've been faithfully restored, rather than the direction James went.

But, I think it's all good. We still support all efforts of restoration, no matter what direction we go. Everybody has their individual tastes, preferences, and yes - opinions. As long as we all keep it courteous, cordial, and polite, even negative or differing opinions can be expressed - and I don't think anybody's stepped out of bounds here from what I can see.

I think it's just a misunderstanding... but thanks for revisiting and clarifying your earlier comments. ::thumb::

FWIW - I think it's an awesome car! That tip with the Ford truck wheels is huge - I know there are probably lots of guys wanting a little more rubber out back, but not quite knowing how to go about it without ditching the corporate dog dishes. ::thumb::

For all purpose, mine in the car 'hospital' since bought it in 03 but hope to start the car cruises and shows next year.

Back