72' Sprint model for my diecast collection

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sadly, there are almost no 69-73 Mustang coupes plastic models or diecast in any scale. Sportsroofs are the most popular followed by convertibles. Of the over 1,000 Mustang diecast and models I have, probably less than 10% are coupes. It's not that I don't like coupes, they just do not make them.
Since the coupes are far more affordable, buy the real thing and forgo the models, I say. A beater coupe with some minor TLC can make for a good daily driver.

-Kurt

Sadly, there are almost no 69-73 Mustang coupes plastic models or diecast in any scale. Sportsroofs are the most popular followed by convertibles. Of the over 1,000 Mustang diecast and models I have, probably less than 10% are coupes. It's not that I don't like coupes, they just do not make them.
Since the coupes are far more affordable, buy the real thing and forgo the models, I say. A beater coupe with some minor TLC can make for a good daily driver.

-Kurt
+1 No coupe luv. Oh well people still come up to me at gas stations pretending to know all about the "Mach 1" I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 No coupe luv. Oh well people still come up to me at gas stations pretending to know all about the "Mach 1" I have.
Just be glad it doesn't say "GRANDE" on the sail panels. Try explaining that to them.

-Kurt

Haha right. Even UPS guy delivers y package to my neighbors house that they moved out of. I call them up and tell them my tracking shows delivered but no package, we'll the UPS driver calls me and says "oh your house is the one with the Mach1 out back? I left it at the next house" I just said thanks and walked over to the abandoned house and retrieved my package but seems all 7173's are Mach 1s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha right. Even UPS guy delivers y package to my neighbors house that they moved out of. I call them up and tell them my tracking shows delivered but no package, we'll the UPS driver calls me and says "oh your house is the one with the Mach1 out back? I left it at the next house" I just said thanks and walked over to the abandoned house and retrieved my package but seems all 7173's are Mach 1s.
Take that as a hint: Fill the other house with Mach 1's*.

-Kurt

*Whatever a Mach 1 is supposed to be... :p

I just got this in the mail the other day, I thought I would share it with you guys.

its a 1972 Mustang Sprint, by Ertl, it was made back in 2004 for the 40 year anav.

I have seen them on E-bay every now and then, and they sell for crazy money ($130 - $180) I did a Google search, and found a hobby shop in Canada www.eautomobilia.com, and he had one in stock for only $59. so I grabbed it.

now I have ten 1:64 Johny Lightning Sprint Convertibles, and one Ertl 1:18 scale fastback, now I need to convince my wife I need the 1:1 scale :)
AThough this an exclusive 'Sprint Forum', still if you find one convertible closest to 1:18, the closer, the faster I would come up with 130 or so. Or 50 for the 71 Mach 1 kit. To place on my dash,...a little altered,ie, cut the top,.....make it look like mine.

now I have ten 1:64 Johny Lightning Sprint Convertibles, and one Ertl 1:18 scale fastback, now I need to convince my wife I need the 1:1 scale :)
You need 40 more Johny Lightning Sprint Convertibles to really complete the set. :p

Cool toys.

You need 40 more Johny Lightning Sprint Convertibles to really complete the set. :p

Cool toys.
I'm tempted, that would give me the full set, and then I can make door labels for the 50 states..

so who is going to buy me the next 40, actually 36 I have bought 4 more :D

Latest posts

Back