73 Mach 1 on eBay $50,000

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1 m code
So a 1973 Mach 1 just came up on eBay for sale and has a buy it now price for $50,000. Don't get me wrong it's a beautiful car but it's not original, it has very basic standard interior with no options and it's an original H code car with no competition suspension. He claims it's a one of one car but I don't know if that is enough to govern a $50,000 price tag. Again, like I said, it's a beautiful car and if the guy is a member on here I am so sorry if I have offended you but m are our cars really going for $50,000? I mean, only a very few amount of Boss 351 cars are bringing in that kind of money. Am I wrong here? Oh and I don't know how to insert the listing into this post hahaha sorry.

No, you are not wrong. a 1973 Mustang in any trim level with any option is unlikely to be worth that amount of money.

Now they might have that much tied up in it, but that is their problem.

is it this one? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang-Sportsroof-Fastback-Mach-1-/262477327761?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3d1cde2d91:g:w18AAOSwtJZXWcsK&item=262477327761

The car has a lot going for it and a number of things that seem to need attention in my opinion. If what has been done to it is what you want in a car it might be worth more than the typical restored 73.

Yes that is the one. And you are right it has a lot going for it. a lot of money wrapped up in that car but we all have a lot of money wrapped up into our cars. Most of us on here will never get back the money that we put into them. We do it because we love it. And the old saying goes, a car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

I like the color

It has a lot going for it

I'm glad to see people asking 50K for them - agree they are not there but maybe someday.

The car is now custom so to me the one of one has no value.

Nicely done. No doubt it not a standard car but if you tried to build this there would be way more than 50k involved. Money, or close to it, is probably achievable if you find someone that wants this car with theses mods. Nice colour.

Looks like a ton of money has been spent on this car. For a modded stang I also like the color.

But like any car I scrutinize that is offered for sale - I don't see the higher level of detail. Not anything that can't be corrected BUT IMHO - for that money it should not be requiring anything! Looks like the seller is motivated as he states they have a new baby. So someone will probably buy the car much cheaper and or negotiate a good deal through a partial trade.

Ray

somethings not adding up:

if the car is his dream car

hes only put 300 miles on it in a year

paid for it as finances allow (should be paid for)

why not keep the car?

it shouldn't be too expensive to keep, even with a kid.

save it as an investment for the kids college when these cars might be worth what he's asking or more. right now the market isnt there.

He will have to find that one person with the same taste as him for a resto mod. As far as the one of one any mustang built can be boiled down to be a one of one. They take a look at all the options and combos and it can be something as simple as like my black 73. It is a one of one because it had no radio, lol.

somethings not adding up:

if the car is his dream car

hes only put 300 miles on it in a year

paid for it as finances allow (should be paid for)

why not keep the car?

it shouldn't be too expensive to keep, even with a kid.

save it as an investment for the kids college when these cars might be worth what he's asking or more. right now the market isnt there.

One can always fish. You never know. It only takes one who appreciates it and has the money...but as far as the story, I agree, it doesn't add up.

Back