Rear window problem, help needed.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ripper679

Reaction score
Hello all, tearing out the rear window in my 73 coupe.
Got it out easy enough, it just kinda pushed out. As I was cleaning the muck around the windshield frame I noticed about 4 of the moulding studs are missing on the bottom drivers side of the window.
I attached a pic with red dots showing where the studs are located on my car and a line showing where they are missing in. Also attached a close up pic of the stud in question, just incase I'm calling it the wrong thing.

How do I fix this?
I tried using profanity at the car but all that did was make me feel better about my problem, lol.

Thanks for the help 7173!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240430_092519_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240430_092519_Gallery.jpg
    678 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240430_092653.jpg
    20240430_092653.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Rip,
Check out NPD, one of our very supportive suppliers website and I recall a special screw with a shoulder with a new clip made just for this issue...
Thanks, Jay
Thanks! I have ordered these
(See pic)
Wondering of this is the solution or if anyone has any experience using them? Is original placement an issue?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240430_103028_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240430_103028_Chrome.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 0
Hello all, tearing out the rear window in my 73 coupe.
Got it out easy enough, it just kinda pushed out. As I was cleaning the muck around the windshield frame I noticed about 4 of the moulding studs are missing on the bottom drivers side of the window.
I attached a pic with red dots showing where the studs are located on my car and a line showing where they are missing in. Also attached a close up pic of the stud in question, just incase I'm calling it the wrong thing.

How do I fix this?
I tried using profanity at the car but all that did was make me feel better about my problem, lol.

Thanks for the help 7173!
It depends if you want it right or bandaid it. A good body shop can shoot new studs.I bought a professional tool that was sold by NAPA as I do several cars and use the gun to shoot long studs to use with the accompanying slide hammer to pull out dents. Although I am not a body shop I try to do good work on classic cars as I have a large collection.

Back