Advice on engine upgrades.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 2013 chevy ZR1 has 638 hp along with Brembo ceramic anti lock brakes. If you are doing a Dyno Don Nicholson 1/4 mile car i can see the focus on max hp, but to drive a 40yr old car over 120mph on the street with original style brakes seems a little like a death wish.

Dont have to do 120mph everywhere. But its there if you want it. My car will be over 500ft/lbs of torque too, so not all centered on hp. With drilled and slotted rotors all the way around and all disk brakes it should stop decent.

Well same here. And I just turned 41 on Saturday. But we could be telling Cole a 650 CFM carb and 3.25 gears and he wants 600hp.

For a strong daily driver consider this. For a Windsor, you can do 9.5:1 compression with 224/232 @ .050 cam,Edelbrock heads and their RPM performer intake, 650cfm carb and headers and end up with 400hp at around 5500RPM.

If you carry this over to the Cleveland, I would expect at least this much power. I actually like the Air Gap intake and a 700-750 CFM carb. These two pieces will allow you to upgrade your setup if you like (more cam, stroker, etc).

As for gears, I think 3.50:1 are great for the street and fine for the freeway. Exhaust, I hate long tubes. They all seem to hang so low. Just my opinion.

Back