Allow me to Introduce myself!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Please tell me at least the engine needs to be rebuilt? When I read of someone finding a nice car like that with a 429 at that kind of price I feel bad about what I paid for mine. Beautiful car welcome from Washington State.

Jim"

Sorry!!! The motor and trans both have less than 1k miles on them. However it appears to have been sitting quite a while and the front seal in the engine is leaking a bit but I already have the gasket kit to fix it. I have bought $2300 worth of stuff for it and according to me spreadsheet I'll have about $20k in it by the time I get it completed and that includes the cost of the car if that makes ya feel better!! :?)

Welcome to the club from northern Nevada! Glad to have you here. Sounds like you've got a great ride there... take a look under the "More" dropdown box at the top of the page and click "Forum Help FAQs" for some help with posting pics. Can't wait to see what you've got!
Thanks! Pic's are up! I normally on other forums just move them to snap fish and copy them from there!!! I'l figure that part out later!

Welcome from the land of nuts and fruits.

Sounds fast.

We are trying to get our hands around suspension kits, so please keep us informed in regards to:

1. Part #'s

2. Spring specs(especially UNINSTALLED spring height and diameter)

3. Amount of liquid/type/brand consumed

so we can properly budget our own projects.
Will do on the info! I bought just a basicially stock kit though from Laurel Mountain Mustang. It does have larger F&R sway bars though. Also a new power steering box and odds and ends I bought from NPD.

Heres the one I bought it was $869 + $95 Shipping!

http://www.laurelmountainmustang.com/products/1971-1973-super-suspension-kit-sb

Welcome to the site from another Marylander. Car must scream with that engine.

Alan L
Thanks for the Welcome! Wow your pretty close about 30 miles. Feel free to come on down and give me a hand anytime you like!! :D

Sounds sweet, I'd love to hear it. Mine makes me giggle.:p
The 1st time I went to look at it my son and his daughter went with me. She's 4 when the guy fired the car up she shot across the parking lot! All I saw was butt and elbows!!!! Everytime I fire it up I get a Big O'le Smile on my face! Like this :D
Welcome John. Glad you found your way over from GarageJournal.

Nice car.

T
Hey Tommy! Thanks for leading me to this forum. Seems like a great place with alot of good people and information on it!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome aboard from Wisconsin. Your mustang looks pretty good and I bet it sounds awesome.

Welcome to the forums! Great looking Mustang...can't wait to see more!

::welcome::

Hi and ::welcome:: to the forum.

That blue/argent combo starts to grow on me......

WOW!!! I appreciate all the welcomes! Its been a long time since Ive done such major work on an old ford but its all slowly coming back! So I'll probably be asking alot of questions!!! Thanks again for such a great welcome!!

Wow, you are going to have one fun summer! And what a screaming deal you got on that thing! I can't wait to get mine back from the body shop, she's had a goofy a$$ roof since I bought her. She'll be so pretty when she lopes now. There just aren't enough weekends in the season.

Wow, you are going to have one fun summer! And what a screaming deal you got on that thing! I can't wait to get mine back from the body shop, she's had a goofy a$$ roof since I bought her. She'll be so pretty when she lopes now. There just aren't enough weekends in the season.
Yeah everybody that has looked at it are like "You paid what for it?!?!?!?!"

Right now its up on jacks with the entire suspension removed. Im replacing everything including the steering box. Rest of the parts are due in tomorrow then its time to get started!!! :huh:

Nice ride, congrats on a good find. Now get some shock tower braces on it!
Dang! Didnt even think about shock tower braces!! Your talking about the ones that come from the Firewall to the shock towers? I did get a Monte Carlo Bar with my suspenion kit I bought that I'll be installing!!! Great something else to order!!!

Welcome from california, that sounds and looks like an awsome ride.

WELCOME aboard John!

I ABSOLUTELY love it when another BIG block shows up on the Site and trust me 8K was a steal, especially with that motor and transmission. I have over 10K in BBF parts sitting in my den awaiting a trip to my Builder for my 545. That motor will replace the 428CJ I currently have in my '73 Mach 1.

As it relates to shock tower braces, here is a shot of the ones I have on my 472 in my '73 Grande. I purchased these from MPG. They came complete and were very easy to install.

10441m1.jpg

I am really looking forward to interacting with you on the different Forums as you continue the journey with your '73 Mustang.

Again, Welcome!

BT

Welcome from california, that sounds and looks like an awsome ride.
Thanks for the welcome. Its a lot of work but I'm enjoying every minute of it!

WELCOME aboard John!

I ABSOLUTELY love it when another BIG block shows up on the Site and trust me 8K was a steal, especially with that motor and transmission. I have over 10K in BBF parts sitting in my den awaiting a trip to my Builder for my 545. That motor will replace the 428CJ I currently have in my '73 Mach 1.

As it relates to shock tower braces, here is a shot of the ones I have on my 472 in my '73 Grande. I purchased these from MPG. They came complete and were very easy to install.

10441m1.jpg

I am really looking forward to interacting with you on the different Forums as you continue the journey with your '73 Mustang.

Again, Welcome!

BT
Appreciate the welcome! 545 cu. in.?!?! My god man thats a monster!! Is it based off the FE or 429/460 platform? What kinda HP ya lookin at?

Heck those braces look fairly simple, Im pretty good at fabricating I can probably make a set of those!

Well I definetly keep your name in my Rolodex for questions and advise, IF you dont mind!!!

Redoing the suspension right now Im about half way through! EVERYTHING will be new!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back