Apiller

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I there a trick to getting the a-pillar pieces off?

I have all the dash pieces off, but I do't want to break them while trying to yank them off.
1) remove the dash top with pad.

2) unscrew and remove the headliner metal trim over the doors.(lower the shoulder belts to the floor out of the wire holders) there are 2 screws at either end, one by the A pillar, the other over the C pillar by the quarter windows.

3) unscrew and remove the headliner metal trim that goes under the front window the center visor stud holder will come out with it.( i think there is 6 long screws that hold the trim piece in place and a little sealant from the window may make it stick. these screws can be rusted out so take it easy.

4) remove the 1 screw in the center of the A-pillar cover.

5) open the door, look in the front jam, remove the screw just at the end of the cover where it meets the lower kick panel cover.

work carefully the cover should be loose and removable, don't yank it just in case i forgot about a screw.

the lower kick panel uses 2 special square clips that go into the door jam, use a plastic pry bar and slowly pull the kick panel back making sure not to break off the plastic tabs.

ones its free dig out the clips from the door jam, and insert them on the plastic tabs of the kick panel, when you put it back together just lightly palm the kick panel tabs back into the square holes in the door jam. remember to put the kick panel in first then the A pillar sits on top of it.

DCP02098.jpg

Back