Are these cables/wires OEM or?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 "Q" code Mach 1
I've been cleaning up some of the wiring that previous owners did. Some was sloppy, others were "creative"
Case in point for the latter is the crimp connectors used in lieu of half of the factory pigtail for the C6 functions.
Two grey cables were attached to the crimp connectors and the mess was taped up. The two grey cables went through the fire wall and go under the carpeting at the trans tunnel. Ordinarily I would take out whatever was in the way. But I've already took far more of the dash and console parts than I planned at this stage. Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.:):):)

Attachments

• Grey Mystery Wires.jpg
    Grey Mystery Wires.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • Grey Mystery Wires 2.jpg
    Grey Mystery Wires 2.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
They don't appear to be original. Was your C6 shifter swapped out for an FMX shifter (or vice versa)? The FMX shifter neutral safety - reverse switch is on the shifter, instead of on the side of the transmission. Maybe these wires were used to make the connection.

Thanks! The shifter is a Hurst V Matic 2. Found it has connections for both neutral start and back up lights.
Car has a C6 which I found has the connections by the shift arm as it came from the factory. What I found was working but kinda "cheesy" in execution. So I finally got a cleaner set up finished.

Latest posts

Back