Austin Vert Reviews Custom Autosound's Slidebar Radio

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Greg

so basically your saying that the cutting was done to open the hole for sound. I mean you didn't cut the hole so that the speaker would slip in or cut out that recessing part that goes around the perimeter of the cutout so that the speaker fits more flush from the inside. If I understand I can basically bolted up to the back and dont have to cut anything off at all is that correct? If you look at my pictures you can see that the metal around the cutout is recessed in so that the speaker can sit in someone placed on the outside of the door. I was worried that if I try to mount it on the inside with this recess still there the speaker would sit farther back in the door and possibly hit the glass.

Jim
No Jim, not cut out for sound so much, but cut out so the speaker can be placed into the cut out cavity from the outside when mounted on. Sorry i did not take pics of my setup when i did the install. I should have. As i recall, i mounted my speakers sitting onto the door skin, not sitting behind the door skin. I do not want to remove my door cards and see what i have done there exactly at this stage. When mounting the speakers, you may be confronted with an uneven door skin metal surface. If so, use some kind of a packing material to compensate for the unevenness of the metal skin. (MAYBE EXTRA NUTS ON THE THREADS, or something like that)

See what you can make of that then.

Greg.:)

Back