Australian made valve covers. Proflow.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 Mustang
I have been looking around at valve covers lately and found these from a company in Australia. They are made by pro-flow. Look like nice pieces! Anyone use them or know anything about them? I found them on eBay too and shipping costs almost as much as the valve covers. But I need to replace mine. Since the battery overcharged and puked it’s guys all over my motor. Everything cleaned up decent. But valve covers are a bit messed up. I think they would look good on my motor! 

http://www.proflow.com.au/Catalog/618654?prodtype=1

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Kevin

Pro Flow is a brand made for VPW over here and from what I can gather they are reasonable quality however I suspect some items are Chinese made

I have bought their stainless headers but yet to fit them

The fact that on the box the part number is correct for 351C but the description is for a 289/302W leads me to believe they are made overseas

I'm tossing up between their valve covers and Ford Performance but prefer the latter

If you do decide to buy the valve covers and aren't in a hurry do what I do and wait for one of their (vpw.com.au) 20% off sales

Cheers Mick

Kevin,

Did you look at Ansen in Ca ? They make an aluminum tall VC and I’m sure you could powder coat black to get the same look with out the added excessive shipping costs. Ansen may even have a powder coat option.

Thanks, Jay.

Thanks for the input fellas!

Mick,

I might try to wait it out and get a coupon, but I really like these ones and would like to have them on before cruising season.

Jay and Jason,

I don't really need the tall covers. I am running my stock covers now and my roller rockers fit with out issues.

I am really just interested in them for the cool Cleveland and Ford script on them!! I can do powdercoating myself, but I cant replicate the script.

I powdercoated my factory one's silver and used a small brush to blacken the Power by Ford embossing. But the battery acid took its toll on them.

I have had my eye on plain polished aluminum fabricated ones similar to these ones in the link, but im really digging the black look!

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X351+cleveland+valve+covers+fabricated.TRS0&_nkw=351+cleveland+valve+covers+fabricated&_sacat=0

Is the first pic your car? I really like the valve covers on that picture, more than the black ones in the link.

The ones on the first pic have that no frills race look I really dig.

If only possible, I'd stay with stock pieces. It's simply a matter of experience with quality.

I've had aluminum valve covers on mine that cracked on the corners and strated to leak. Probably "Made in China" like all that stuff. Refurbished the stock ones and they are way better.

Trouble is you only know about quality issues when it's too late. Maybe these Australian ones are relly good, who knows.

Is the first pic your car? I really like the valve covers on that picture, more than the black ones in the link.

The ones on the first pic have that no frills race look I really dig.

If only possible, I'd stay with stock pieces. It's simply a matter of experience with quality.

I've had aluminum valve covers on mine that cracked on the corners and strated to leak. Probably "Made in China" like all that stuff. Refurbished the stock ones and they are way better.

Trouble is you only know about quality issues when it's too late. Maybe these Australian ones are relly good, who knows.
Thanks Mike.

Yes the first pic is my car as it sits now. Those valve covers are the stock ones that I powdercoated myself. I was just looking for something different, change it up a little! Yeah I was hoping the aus covers were of better quality, but who knows??

Thanks for the input!

Latest posts

Back