Battery Tray Apron Support WINNER

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered one!! What did you use for an undercoating it looks really heavy, but I like it :]
I had it originally undercoating by a local shop.. afterwards I used 3m rubberized uncoating to spot spray areas. It matched the original very well.

A friend of mine IRL told me about those supports (he has a Torino, same part).  The parts are very nice quality.

Thanks for the info,

I have been looking for ages for this and thought I would have to make one. This saves a lot of time.

Great price and postaldan514 delivers to Australia. Ordered the part today.

cheers,

Mike

@Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs just send me one of these. Mine was rusty, and after a 3 days bath in acid I could have fold, cut and weld new metal in it, but this is so much more easy. They are indeed well made and their price makes the work to repair not worth it.

I haven't test fitted it yet, but bit worry about the holes or angles are not matching as the new apron I've ordered from NPD is really poorly made. I'll see this next weekend.

Small question, as mine was totally gone at the base and apron also badly corroded, do I need weld its base to rail over all its length and then do same from apron to support? From the tiny thin rests, looks like only 2 spot welds were next to the bolt hole and that the apron was welded only to the right side.

Does anyone know if these are still available? Looking to buy immediately. Thanks!

Huge thank you to Postaldan514! He saw my post and reached out with the fix. His work is amazing and the Battery Tray Apron Support Panel is perfect. Highly recommend you buy one of these if you might possible need it. Impossible to find otherwise. Thanks again Dan!

Back