Boss 351 Parts for sale

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"David, the fuel inlet and filter were all the same for the 4300D applications. I believe the biggest difference on the Z Boss version, since they were all rated at 715 CFM, was the jetting.  The Z Boss carburetor was replaced six times before the dust settled with the final two being the carb used on 1978 California/49 State 460 engines. The curtain was slowly closing on the performance landscape for a while.  :eek:

Just as 7173vert can very well testify, if your attempting a 100% correct concours level restoration, got to reach VERY deep into your pockets.  I had discussed with him earlier and try not to bring it up very often, but I threw out several of the very same intakes (with excellent condition choke heat stoves)  and Q/Jet carburetors that could have been salvaged for his needs. So much of these type parts (T/E parts for the S/CJ, rev limiters, original carbs, etc) were pitched in the name of cleaning up and improving performance. There's that "If I Had Only Known" song playing again! "

Bring it up often :), again, nothing new here... I knew when I bought the J Code Vert in 2015 that the restoration was going to be expensive... had the engine, trans and rear end not been original to the car, I would not have invested in/purchased this car... The only engine related items I had to purchase were those that were "thrown" out over the year's due to wear and tear: Carb, distributor, alternator, water pump and the heat shroud... I purchased exact date coded and Ford #'d parts, regardless of cost. Luckily, I had already purchased an NOS CJ water pump 20 years before, the other four pieces costs me about $4K US$, not too bad in the grand scheme of things... I agree Steve, so many of these parts were thrown aside year's ago. I could buy the carb for $150.00 in the mid nineties... Progress...
I just missed a J code white vert last year. It was advertised in a British mag, Classic American. Seller emailed me lots of pics and paperwork to prove its validity. I asked for email because its was a running driving unmolested UK registered car advertised at £6,000 and i couldnt quite believe the priice. I arranged to view and travelled around 150 miles to find it gone when i got there. I was not surprised when it was already gone. However i was a bit irate when he said he accepted first offer of £5,000. Someone definately got a bargain and the one that got away

"David, the fuel inlet and filter were all the same for the 4300D applications. I believe the biggest difference on the Z Boss version, since they were all rated at 715 CFM, was the jetting.  The Z Boss carburetor was replaced six times before the dust settled with the final two being the carb used on 1978 California/49 State 460 engines. The curtain was slowly closing on the performance landscape for a while.  :eek:

Just as 7173vert can very well testify, if your attempting a 100% correct concours level restoration, got to reach VERY deep into your pockets.  I had discussed with him earlier and try not to bring it up very often, but I threw out several of the very same intakes (with excellent condition choke heat stoves)  and Q/Jet carburetors that could have been salvaged for his needs. So much of these type parts (T/E parts for the S/CJ, rev limiters, original carbs, etc) were pitched in the name of cleaning up and improving performance. There's that "If I Had Only Known" song playing again! "

Bring it up often :), again, nothing new here... I knew when I bought the J Code Vert in 2015 that the restoration was going to be expensive... had the engine, trans and rear end not been original to the car, I would not have invested in/purchased this car... The only engine related items I had to purchase were those that were "thrown" out over the year's due to wear and tear: Carb, distributor, alternator, water pump and the heat shroud... I purchased exact date coded and Ford #'d parts, regardless of cost. Luckily, I had already purchased an NOS CJ water pump 20 years before, the other four pieces costs me about $4K US$, not too bad in the grand scheme of things... I agree Steve, so many of these parts were thrown aside year's ago. I could buy the carb for $150.00 in the mid nineties... Progress...
I just missed a J code white vert last year. It was advertised in a British mag, Classic American. Seller emailed me lots of pics and paperwork to prove its validity. I asked for email because its was a running driving unmolested UK registered car advertised at £6,000 and i couldnt quite believe the priice. I arranged to view and travelled around 150 miles to find it gone when i got there. I was not surprised when it was already gone. However i was a bit irate when he said he accepted first offer of £5,000. Someone definately got a bargain and the one that got away

Hmmmmm....

Back