Car and Driver leaks 2015 Mustang data

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach1, 351 Cleveland, Ram Air (not factory), C6 Automatic, AM/8 Track, Bright Red.
http://www.caranddriver.com/features/2015-ford-mustang-leaked-360-view-and-full-details-news

2015-ford-mustang-artists-rendering-inline-photo-553129-s-original.jpg

At launch, the Mustang will be available with the same engine options offered by the current Mustang: a naturally aspirated 3.7-liter V-6 and the “Coyote” 5.0-liter V-8, each with the same power ratings as the Mustangs on showroom floors today (305 and 420 horsepower, respectively). Transmissions, too, will carry over at the outset, with shoppers given a choice of a six-speed manual or a six-speed automatic. That will change in the two to three years after launch, when the 10-speed auto being jointly developed with GM will replace the six-speed slushbox.

However, the Mustang’s 2015 model year will be a long one—as was 1965—and thus, Ford will offer powertrain upgrades in the months after its launch. Updates to the V-6 will be minimal, but we understand that the GT-badged “five-oh” will jump to 500 horsepower.

Turbo-Four Cafe Special

Sometime after the new Mustang reaches dealer lots, we will begin to see interesting underhood options. With European and federal fuel-economy standards in mind, Ford will introduce the first turbo­charged four-cylinder Mustang since the 1986 SVO model. And the engine will be the same size, 2.3 liters, as that car’s four-banger. It’ll generate 310 horsepower with direct injection, and it will be marketed as an uplevel alternative to the base six. Its premium should be justified not only by its expected mileage gain but also by its high, flat torque curve.

Well... I don't hate it (like I thought I would), and it's looking better than most of the other 'new' models out there. Woulda/coulda/shoulda done some things better/different, but it doesn't suck.

Bring it on, Ford.

Not bad really....But i think the rear of the mustangs are getting uglier and uglier...Dont know why the insist on pointing the break lights into the sky...my only pet peave over all.

Mehhhh. I wouldn't buy one but ehhh, it's not bad. I think Ford should branch out like Dodge and offer a bigger car perhaps go with a Fairlane, Torino or Galaxy concept. The transformation of the Mustang to a tiny rice-burner like car is ... mehhhh. I get it that they were "pony cars" but that thing looks like a hyped up BMW or Civic. Look at how tiny the hood is...it's like a kids toy.

Not bad really....But i think the rear of the mustangs are getting uglier and uglier...Dont know why the insist on pointing the break lights into the sky...my only pet peave over all.
They keep on and the rear end will be pointing straight up:-/

Back