Carb popping above 50mph when accelerating.-

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few things to call out & keep in mind - a 750 is a bit large for a 302. it can be tuned to work just fine, but Stanglover is right that its larger than necessary. When you put a larger-than-needed carb on a car, you can expect to adjust the fuel mixture.

With a carb, intake and header change, I'm sure you are lean. However - first definitely verify your timing (Stanglovers timing specs are a good guide), make sure your choke is open when warm.

The .pdf attached is a guide I used when learning my way around a Holley. It was written by Lars Grimsrud out of Colorado, and he is well known in corvette and muscle car circles for helping with both timing and carb tuning issues. He even has a Wikipedia entry, if you can believe that... It's a good easy-to-follow guide for anyone.

I think the stator should work OK with the choke, it'll just open slower, from what I've observed. Not a bad thing since I think Holley electric chokes open too fast anyway...
Interesting info there in the pdf. Thanks.

Back