Carrying on a tradition.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from sunny and grossly hot South Florida!
Badass ride with a badass story to boot. Gramp's gift has now made the car transcend from just being a cool vintage Mustang, to a family heirloom with sentimental value. May it serve you well and give you many years of joy, just as I'm sure it did for your grandpa.

Thanks, yes 15x10s running 275/60R15 107S M+S tires. I have yet to see the deep dish magnums on any other car and I’ve been looking.
I went on Wheel Vintiques website and they list them and shows they make them to order. I might have to order a set.

Welcome from Ohio. Very nice looking car and thank you for the backstory and the pictures. Glad to see that you are taking it over and plan on keeping it. Nice to see the younger generation get involved in thses cars.

Been lurking on the forum for quite a while now, finally have a reason to participate!

My name is Heather and I have a 1973 Mach 1 Q code 4 speed, inherited from my grandpa.
He bought this car when I was about 5 years old (I’m 26 now). Took me to every local car show and cruise he could find. Taught me how to detail it and a little bit of how to work on it. He passed away in 2016 from cancer and left the car to me. After some finagling over the course of 7 years.. I finally got the car a few weeks ago. Been to a few shows and a cruise since having it home, fixing up a few things that needed attention and upgrading a few others. The engine is very well built (attached is my custom show board I designed for it listing all upgrades, my own drawing as well). My grandpa loved drag racing and had many cars over the years, many Mustangs especially, this one ended up being his favorite in the end and he made it into a very nice street car. This car was my introduction to the automotive world, the reason I’m obsessed with cars. It started many friendships for me, it was my inspiration when I bought my 2004 GT convertible (I wanted an 03/04 Mach at the time but budget didn’t allow) I turned it into a Mach 1 tribute car (everything but the badging,) plus full exhaust, headers, cold air intake and tune. They make an awesome pair side by side! Wish grandpa could have seen them both together. Looking forward to learning a lot here and making new friends.
Glad to be an owner of one of the best Mustangs ever made!
Red and black is a awesome combination on these cars, sorry about grandfather. Love your car

Back