Clucth Road Spring

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobmarlojill

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible, 351C 2v, Full restoration
I put a toploader tranny in my 73 and was wondering where exactly the clutch road return spring is supposed to be attached to the frame. The way I have mine attached is making the pedal not return completely. Is there anyone that might be able to post a picture of theirs? It would be greatly appriciated. Thanks

I put a toploader tranny in my 73 and was wondering where exactly the clutch road return spring is supposed to be attached to the frame. The way I have mine attached is making the pedal not return completely. Is there anyone that might be able to post a picture of theirs? It would be greatly appriciated. Thanks
reposting to see if anyone could help.

reposting to see if anyone could help.
Clutch Linkage - RETURN SPRING.jpg

like this it should be installed!
Now THAT is a perfect picture of where the spring should connect! Don't be afraid to use a heavier looking spring than that one. Some guys make use of old brake caliper springs for this purpose. That should give you an idea of the strength this spring could be. Good Luck with the toploader.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks all....the picture is exactly what I was looking for

Back