Compressor air in-line filtering question

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 H code convert., 351C 2V, FMX, 9in., Ram air, Pwr Steering, Pwr Disc brakes, air-conditioning, 15" sport wheels, Ivy Glo w/white deluxe interior.
I'm needing to get an in-line filtration system and pressure regulator and needed to understand something when I go to paint. I recently purchased what I thought was a 3-stage filtration system, but it has only two bowls and doesn't have the bowl for a desiccant filter. The particulate filter is a 5-micron while the Coalescing filter is .01-micron.

The pic below is the filter I recently received, and the flow is left to right with the .01-micron Coalescing filter second in line, so it removes what the particulate filter misses. Is this going to remove enough moisture to safely paint the car? The other thing is the regulator is last in-line and every other 3-stage, that uses a 3rd bowl, has the regulator first. That makes sense since the regulator, by design, can create moisture droplets so you'd want any filter, Desiccant or Coalescing following it to function correctly.

Thanks in advance for answers.

2.jpg

Latest posts

Back