Engine mountings

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickmatt

Reaction score
My Car
71 mach 1 302 c4 2nd owner i bought it in 92 and have managed to keep it on the road since then through thick and thin drove 1000 miles into france back in september nerver missed a beat and the fuel pump quite liked it as well!! keeping the faith and the throttle in cheers mickmatt
Hello from England, as above title looking to renew my mounts, tried some from Rockauto but unfortunatley they were made in India and every datum/measurement was way off, they did refund o.k Have been on the Summit site with out much success, the ones i have on the vehicle look like 2 pieces of metal with rubber in between and quite substantial it is a 302 with c4 can you tell me where to go please, cheers mickmatt

Sounds like you have a 73 - those mounts are not being made

You can get them rebuilt

There is a thread on the forum about them

71 - 72 mounts are different

You can get them rebuilt here or buy them outright, They are pricey though.

http://www.mustangsetc.com/73-mustang-302-351-motor-mount-rebuilt-fits-coupe-fastback/
Thanks for the info and prompt replys gents. Wondered why i had trouble finding them and now i know. Strange that old Henry decided to change them on the last build year, the block /x/member must be different somewhere along the line, so back to drawing board and as we say in Old Blighty more than one way to skin a cat, i am sure they will be o.k for another Rally in La Belle France cheers mickmatt

mickmatt,

You could do what I did was to locate the bottom frame mounting brackets, and then you can purchase the 1971 1972 Motor mounts from a good vendor.

Here are the FMC information related to the 1971 - 1972 Mustang 302 engine

6rh844.jpg

Look at the "F" code

f3u7he.jpg

Source: Ford Motor Company, Copyright,May 1975

mustang7173 :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back