Eye Candy

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omie01

Reaction score
My Car
1972 H code fastback Boss 351 clone
Just thought I would post some eye candy. I bought this carb off of a forum members suggestion to give these guys a call, and they were very pleasant to deal with, we planned the build and I had the carb in a week!!

12108140_1055057247861837_6718906955776332325_n.jpg

12122595_1055057264528502_4921145143809180954_n.jpg

Very nice!!! What motor are you putting that on??? What CFM?

The last I heard they were not building too many street carbs lately. They were only working on bigger motors of 600HP and up. That's why I went with the Quick Fuel carb. I would of loved to have them build a carb for my 408C. I am running in the 575hp range. We have been having a hell of a time getting the quick fuel 900 to run properly from idle to around 3500rpm. After 3500 it wakes up and screams at WOT. But just cruising around it wants to load up and miss, sputter,fart....

Any how that's a great looking carb and keep us posted on how it performs.

Its going on a standard stroke 351 Cleveland, shooting for 500hp. I gave them all my engine specs and this is what they built. It's a 780cfm body. I forgot the jet sizes. I will post specs when I get home.

That's a nice intake, I had one on my old cleveland and it ran great. The only down side is the intake valley likes to eat stuff and can be a pain to fish stuff out of.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jet sizes 76/76 P/S-pump 30/30, P/S-sqtr 35/35, Power valve 6.5/6.5.

Looking good. I believe I was one of those guys who made the recommendation to you. I just built and broke in my new engine with my own new Pro Systems 780. Specs are a bit different than yours though. Mine is a standard 351c build with good 4v quench heads, good intake and exhaust.

Jet sizes 74/84

P/S-pump 30/30

P/S-sqrtr 40/40

Power valve 6.5/plug

Pro systems told me they only build carburetors for engines in the >400hp range. A few years ago I wanted them to do one for my F-100 and they declined. I was disappointed but I kind of understand. After I build my 390ci engine for it maybe then..

IMG_2769_zpswlxh5ago.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you run your engine yet? How is your idle quality? I went through my carb last night because it came with instructions to do so, they claim they cant ship a carb that has had fuel run through it, so they replace all gaskets before they ship it, and you are responsible to make sure everything is tight before running it. And to also re-tighten everything once it has been warmed up and ran. I also found some loose metal from the drilling of the booster holes, so I cleaned that up as well. All that being said I'm really looking forward to trying this carb out, my ex-engine builder told me it will be the best carb I have ever owned!!

Idle quality is great. I filled the fuel bowls manually and cranked the engine over to see if it would fire before break in. Well, I jumperd the solenoid and it lit right off and idled without me touching a thing. I hadn't touched the idle speed or mixture screws yet. I walked around the car and switched it off with the key as I wasn't ready for the 20 min break in sequence yet.

After the break-in and adjusting the idle mixture screws, I found the four screws all liked to be about 3/4 of a turn out. My cam is reasonably rowdy and pulls about 13" of vacuum at an 850rpm idle. The engine doesn't really get snappy with the throttle until the intake manifold gets some heat in it. It helps to atomize the fuel better as the big 4V ports don't have the low rpm velocity to keep the fuel vapor droplets in suspension. Just the nature of the beast. Very warm blooded, and like my other Pro Systems carbs, it has no problems starting when heat soaked.

Back