Finally Found A Strip Dominator but What Does This Mod Mean?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4mm

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang 351C 4V Fastback
So I finally found a strip dominator but it's on eBay and it's been modified. I don't know what the mod does or if the manifold would be better if it were 100% original.

What do you guys think? Search for eBay item#331782797272

The seller explains the mod as "SOMEONE WENT THRU THE TROUBLE OF EQUALIZING THE CARB FLANGE TO EQUAL PRIMARY/SECONDARY BORES, TAKE A LOOK, NICE ADDITION."

well, it doesn't look too butchered but you better have a some numerically high gears, if you have much of a cam in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are you searching for this particular manifold? Nostalgia reasons? Because there are arguably better intakes out there, brand new for less money.

Yes, nostalgic reasons. I wasn't going to pay that high price. I've found a few in better condition for under $400. I was just wondering what the mod was.

I was actually deciding on a blue thunder ( is that the one you were referring to?) if I don't find a reasonably priced D1ZX intake.

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly did not see any mods either but the $600 is a tough pill to swallow for a used part.

The Blue Thunder intake is a great piece. I was pleased in my build of how good it pulled down low and never ran out of steam up top(6500).

Back