Finally Home

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got home last night and gave the car her first bath. She looked wonderful, but I have a few issues.

1. I had leaking into the passenger side floor even though the cowl has been replaced. It was getting dark and I could not see into the area.

2. Side windows leaked but this did not surprise me as I figured I would need to play with the adjustments some.

3. Some genius took their finger and put a superman symbol on the flat black. I could not see it under the dust and I cannot seem to remove it. Any thought's on how to clean the flat black area without heavy wax? You have to hit it from the right angle to even notice.

She did look pretty after the wash and drove even better. I took her down the road to put gas in and I could not be happier with the performance. BTW Don the spring was there and I was able to get the seat to lock last night. Not sure what the problem was before.

image1.JPGimage2.JPGimage3.JPGimage4.JPG

Good news! It is not a cowl leak but from the two small holes (see below). Is this from the window washer system? I do not have it installed yet?

IMG_2796.JPG

Good news! It is not a cowl leak but from the two small holes (see below). Is this from the window washer system? I do not have it installed yet?
Or is this the window stops? Funny that he got the window in correctly with no leaking from the window.

Last edited by a moderator:

That's for the window brackets to help align the windshield. Should have one on pass and driver side as well as one on the center. BTW did they put on the plastic strip on the entire length on the bottom of the windshield?

Or is this the window stops? Funny that he got the window in correctly with no leaking from the window.

Had to go out and pick up a few new suits and so it was the perfect opportunity for a real test drive. Overall she drove great. I think my trans is still shifting funny with low power at takeoff.

Hi Jeremy,

Your Mustang is looking sensational. As the boys have said, your stops are missing and the black colored plastic channel strip that sits under the length of the bottom of the glass screen should be there too for the glass protection.

The matt black hood prob ........................... From what you say here, i assume that some clown has decided to draw a Superman logo with his finger on the black finish of the hood. This could mean trouble for you here, as he has more than likely scratched the surface of the black paint finish. Flat and semi flat blacks are very sensitive to surface marring and disfiguration, You can't use any waxes on these finishes as well, as they will gloss up the appearance of the black. Your only hope here is to try and wipe a wet chamois over the effected area, and then follow through with a dry soft microfibre cloth rubbing briskly. Some times a little wax and grease remover on a soft white cotton cloth, and gently wiped over the area, and the followed through with a dry microfibre cloth, can help settle down the marking problem. IF these procedures fail you, then refinishing the black panel again is your only way out of it i'm sorry. If you suspect who did this, then try and seek some form of compensation from them if possible.

Greg.:)

Hi Jeremy,

Your Mustang is looking sensational. As the boys have said, your stops are missing and the black colored plastic channel strip that sits under the length of the bottom of the glass screen should be there too for the glass protection.

The matt black hood prob ........................... From what you say here, i assume that some clown has decided to draw a Superman logo with his finger on the black finish of the hood. This could mean trouble for you here, as he has more than likely scratched the surface of the black paint finish. Flat and semi flat blacks are very sensitive to surface marring and disfiguration, You can't use any waxes on these finishes as well, as they will gloss up the appearance of the black. Your only hope here is to try and wipe a wet chamois over the effected area, and then follow through with a dry soft microfibre cloth rubbing briskly. Some times a little wax and grease remover on a soft white cotton cloth, and gently wiped over the area, and the followed through with a dry microfibre cloth, can help settle down the marking problem. IF these procedures fail you, then refinishing the black panel again is your only way out of it i'm sorry. If you suspect who did this, then try and seek some form of compensation from them if possible.

Greg.:)
Thanks. The car was pretty dusty for a while and it was in several different shops (body, mechanic, muffler, etc). I'm not sure which one did it. Probably some crap head kid who was checking out the car.

Very nice... I do like the front chrome bumper, it really sets the red/black off.
I like it also. I considered changing to the other bumper, but I am really happy with how it turned out.

Not sure I can answer your question. What does the strip look like?
It's a U shaped channel made of plastic that fits on the entire length of the bottom of the windshield. Its like an edge protector for the glass which I believe prevents it from cracking. Think of it as an edge guard similar to door edge guards. Not sure if its really needed but all the cars had them for some reason.

I found a pic that shows it on my car. Its at the bottom of the windshield stop and if you follow along the bottom it looks wavy, zoom in on the pic and its the black strip along the bottom.

IMG_1755.JPG

Back