Finally!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow that is one heck of a remodel on the home part. You are going to have a concrete bill for sure. The new building codes are a little over the top in some areas for sure. Hope you get it dried in before it gets cold out there.
Yes codes here are out of control for sure. I am putting a 20x20 deck on the back of the house that will be attached to the house on two sides with two support beams under it and they are still making me pour 24" diameter footings 5' deep for each of the 6 posts. Concrete is not as bad as I thought it would be. A friend of mine is a concrete contractor and he is letting me do a lot of the grunt work to save some off the bill.

Wow that is one heck of a remodel on the home part. You are going to have a concrete bill for sure. The new building codes are a little over the top in some areas for sure. Hope you get it dried in before it gets cold out there.
Yes codes here are out of control for sure. I am putting a 20x20 deck on the back of the house that will be attached to the house on two sides with two support beams under it and they are still making me pour 24" diameter footings 5' deep for each of the 6 posts. Concrete is not as bad as I thought it would be. A friend of mine is a concrete contractor and he is letting me do a lot of the grunt work to save some off the bill.
That is great you have someone that works with you. My site work and concrete was more than the building cost. Building was cheap I thought, not the dirt and concrete.

I love this stuff

Well thought I would update this. House is done on the inside and we are moved in. Trusses for the shop got delivered today. Rest of the materials are coming tomorrow. Construction will start on Friday am. Should have it all framed, roofed and closed in by Sunday. I will take plenty of pics when we are putting it up. Been a long road doing the majority of the work myself.

quick picture upload

So much space, awesome!

Saw a few posts on construction lately and notice most are base concrete and on top just wood,

Obviously wood must be cheap on your side of the pool, but wonder why most never add a few walls with bricks or use local stones...

So much space, awesome!

Saw a few posts on construction lately and notice most are base concrete and on top just wood,

Obviously wood must be cheap on your side of the pool, but wonder why most never add a few walls with bricks or use local stones...
Masonry work is quite expensive here. Plus local stone around here would be limestone. Not the easiest to work with.

Well not bad for a couple of guys and 2 1/2 days. Weather did not cooperate at all. Was crazy windy and cold on Friday, Saturday was just kind of chilly and Sunday the snow came. But the structure is up, wrapped, and roof is on. All windows and man door are installed as well as about 1/2 of the soffit and fascia.

Back