Firewall pad ?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Green on green 72 Mach 1
Hello,
Anyone in here have any experience with reproduced firewall pads?
I’m looking for that actually fits as I bought a repop brand one it’s it’s terrible. It’s not even close to the right size, shape or any holes in the right place.
Hate to buy another brand and it’s no better.
Thanks for any help.

Hey there! sorry to hear the waste of money you have going on. For sound deadener your better off making your own sheets. ThermoTec, KillMat, ResoNix, 3M sound deadner, or DynaMat. FYI Dynamat is hella expensive and doesn't provide heat reduction. You'll have to stack a layer something. check out the link below for more info, like most information here anecdotal/trial & error works, but this at least holds up with data.

source: Sound Deadener Test

Hello,
Anyone in here have any experience with reproduced firewall pads?
I’m looking for that actually fits as I bought a repop brand one it’s it’s terrible. It’s not even close to the right size, shape or any holes in the right place.
Hate to buy another brand and it’s no better.
Thanks for any help.
I’m sorry you got a poor fit, I don’t have any recommendations since I’m not there yet. I would like to ask what manufacturer/where did you get it so we all can proceed with caution ⛔️. Good luck 🍀

Yeah I bought the other one NPD sells and it fit good. The first one I bought wasn’t even close and I think it was the repop brand.
Big difference in price thou 😢

I have had real good luck with parts sourced at NPD over the years. They are proud of their stuff, but my experience is you get what you pay for with them.

It is amazing how many NPD orders I have that just magically total a dollar or two over $300. 😄

I have had real good luck with parts sourced at NPD over the years. They are proud of their stuff, but my experience is you get what you pay for with them.

It is amazing how many NPD orders I have that just magically total a dollar or two over $300. 😄
😂 have to get that free shipping

Back