for 302 owners

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 convert 351c
Copyed from the Kaase's web-page:

"Kaase P-38 cylinder heads, a modest camshaft, and an Edelbrock Junior intake, the 302, running on pump fuel and barely 9:1 compression ratio, easily generates 500hp @ 7500rpm."

I appreciate Jon Kaase to one of the best gearheads and Ford guys in the World. But you should know that when Kaase says "mild" or "stock", his normal day routine is to dyno +1800 hp N/A IHRA prostock engines, compared them to 500 hp is very mild - nearly stock!! Do the math, 500 hp with 7500 RPM, now how mild camshaft is that??

I bet that the heads are one of the best on market and I would buy them if would be building a SBF, world is full of AFR headed SB's so it would be also "dare to be diffrent" style choice. Those heads will fit to 427's, 454's, 460's just about to any big combo you can build by using 351w as a basement. Wwhite72, P-38 does not fit in anyway to 427 FE, which you did not claimed in your first post, so no need to double check your first post.

What ever Kaase does it pretty much allways is impressive. Kaase is also distributor for CHI heads :idea: And he can port them and port them good.

Back