• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Free Gas Tank and other parts for sale

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
-Former 70 & 72 Mustang coupes owner.
-69 Torino GT, Formal Roof, 351W, Edelbrock 600 cfm, dual plane high rise intake, long tube headers, AOD trans, dual flowmasters, Pertronix II Billet, 3.5 TRACLOC g/r, 15" Magnum 500s, 100A alt, mini-starter
-70 Mach 1, 351W, FMX
Free gas tank is great condition - no rust. My gas tank was recently leaking and fearing the worst, I replaced it. Low and behold it was not a 40+ yr old tank, it had been replaced at some point (more than 5 yrs ago). There is no rust in the tank at all. It's very clean. I replaced the tank on my 70 and that gave me the fear of handfuls of rust.

The tank leaked because the PO put the filler neck seal on backwards and used silicon to seal it. I removed that and tossed it in the trash.

This is for local pickup only to Stafford, VA (10 mins off of I-95). Hit me up if you want it in the next few days. It goes in the trash next Tuesday if no one wants it. I'll even throw in a new locking ring and seal b/c I have extra. I'd rather see one of us use it then it sit in a trash dump. The tank should fit all 71-73 Mustangs and probably cougars.

This is 100% free.

I also have a few other parts for sale locate here: http://fredericksburg.craigslist.org/pts/4186640736.html

definitely interested in gas tank. Im in Manassas. let me know when we can meet. Call anytime 703-618-4067.

Thanx,

Arnie
got a PM from another guy first but if he can't pick it up this weekend I'll hit you up.

definitely interested in gas tank. Im in Manassas. let me know when we can meet. Call anytime 703-618-4067.

Thanx,

Arnie
Welcome to the site. Please post an intro in the intro section and tell us about yourself and you car.

Thanx,

Arnie
Welcome to the site. Please post an intro in the intro section and tell us about yourself and you car.
+1 arnie...welcome to the forum

Just met Arnie427. Great dude. Gas tank is in his possession but I still have anything else listed. I chopped up the valve covers to do a valve adjustment though.

KR

Back