Fresh paint done at last

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know my hockey stick stripes were added to my Mach, when the Studios used it in a movie, as was the rear wing. I added the chin spoiler just because it came in the trunk when I purchased the car used. Technically, yes, a car optioned with the stripes from the factory will not have the shiny metal moldings. We can all concur that this is true. I am sure , however, that many dealers would add the stripes to a car on their lot, if a prospective buyer requested them. Same as the dealer would swap out a set of white wall tires for white lettered tires, if a buyer wanted such. Hell, how many of 71-73 Mustang owners have Magnum 500 rims on their cars right now, that never came on that particular vehicle as delivered, or just how many owners installed a ram-air hood to a car that wasn't invoiced as such?  Ever since the Mustang's introduction , a highlight of the car is that a myriad of options could be had, regardless of how the factory delivered it to the dealer. Unless you're going for "Thoroughbread" or invoice correct restored status, don't sweat it. It's no less cool. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back