Glad I am not doing a concours resto

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kevken sorry to hear about the negative statement shared about you. That does no one any good. I am always impressed by the collection you have amassed. I truly is great to have you in this group and the wealth of information you have gathered on these cars and the examples in metal to show for it. I still have your transporter picture in my saved photos just to think what it may have looked like in the early 70's to see a truck go by.

Attachments

• Mustang verts on hauler 2 (2020_01_14 17_13_13 UTC).jpg
    Mustang verts on hauler 2 (2020_01_14 17_13_13 UTC).jpg
    378.2 KB · Views: 0
I split the difference. It looks stock but goes like a bat out of hell. MCA concourse gold at 2012 Grand Nationals. No more concourse for me, I don't drive enough to warrant keeping it. It will be for sale in late winter or early spring. Chuck
And I know I have said it before - but this is probably one of the nicest 1972 Mustangs. I would have to sell my convertible to buy it. And I have too much sentimental value in that car. I have both driven and ridden in Chuck's Mach 1. Always an enjoyable experience. I can only hope my Boss can look (and maybe run) as good as his Mach. It is the same color!

Kevken - I remember reading my old Hemmings and other paper magazines searching for 72 HO cars - especially convertibles! You have an impressive collection and IMO I think you do an excellent job representing and owning our favorite Mustangs.

Ray

Beautiful Car, what is the color code? Is that the car's original color? I have a one owner numbers matching 72 Coupe with the color code 3J Bright Blue Metallic. Do you own several Mustangs that are in the picture? I see you are from Birmingham, Alabama, I live in Opelika, Alabama. Such a beautiful car
Hey Bill. The Blue car is 3J also. The paint on the car is a custom mix. I still own about 30 of these cars, with some being projects. Yes I am in Birmingham. We need to meet up some time. Thanks! Kevin.

Kevken sorry to hear about the negative statement shared about you. That does no one any good. I am always impressed by the collection you have amassed. I truly is great to have you in this group and the wealth of information you have gathered on these cars and the examples in metal to show for it. I still have your transporter picture in my saved photos just to think what it may have looked like in the early 70's to see a truck go by.
Thanks for the kind words BK. It is a pleasure to be on this site and share our stories! Kevin.

And I know I have said it before - but this is probably one of the nicest 1972 Mustangs. I would have to sell my convertible to buy it. And I have too much sentimental value in that car. I have both driven and ridden in Chuck's Mach 1. Always an enjoyable experience. I can only hope my Boss can look (and maybe run) as good as his Mach. It is the same color!

Kevken - I remember reading my old Hemmings and other paper magazines searching for 72 HO cars - especially convertibles! You have an impressive collection and IMO I think you do an excellent job representing and owning our favorite Mustangs.

Ray
Thanks Ray!

That is a beautiful car Kevin. Most of us don't have the finances or resources that you have. You are very fortunate and blessed. I also own one of those 13 cars. And mine is also an all matching numbers car. It hasn't been driven since the 90's and has been garage kept so is in a much better "starting" condition that what you started with. I ordered it special from the factory and drove it like I stole it. Most of my activities were centered around autocrossing and street racing. (I much regret many of my deeds from those days.) I would go through a set of tires in 4 months. The only things I needed to change were;
adding headers
changing the carb ( went to a 1066 cfm Holley so no more stalling in the corners)
adding a second front sway bar. (This was an interesting challenge but worked)
I'm working now toward getting it to a restorer near you. I'm too old and worn out to do the restoration myself. It won't be "stock" but it will be what I have always wanted and would have gotten if it had been available when I ordered it. I respect other's opinions but when I am spending the money it will be what I want. Respectfully submitted.
Wow! We definitely need to talk. I'll send you a DM. I can't imagine not hearing about that car. Another one found. Fantastic! Kevin.

Hey Bill. The Blue car is 3J also. The paint on the car is a custom mix. I still own about 30 of these cars, with some being projects. Yes I am in Birmingham. We need to meet up some time. Thanks! Kevin.
I would like to get your contact information and come and look at your Awesome car collection. I do get to the Birmingham area some but would like to see your rides and get connected. Just let me know, thank you sir

Back