Glyptal bottom of intake?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omie01

Reaction score
My Car
1972 H code fastback Boss 351 clone
I bought some glyptal for the bottom of my intake, going to run SCE gasket set, anyboy have experience with Glyptal? Thought it would make a good insulator.

Let us know how it goes. I have only seen it inside the head on a drag bike. Don't really know anything about it but they said it helped oil return and kept everything clean they where the quickest boys in the nation at the time so I guess they knew what they where doing.

I don't like it on street engines. My World blocks came painted. After a couple of years two out of three had some peeling paint with loose pieces. I worry about pieces collecting at the oil pump screen. I'm tearing into on that has been buttoned up for nine years. I don't know if any came loose on that one. These were virgin pieces. I see people spray some cleaner on old parts and brush on a thick coat. That would really scare me.

I've seen Glyptal stick to all sorts of things, cloth, ceramic, fiberglass, metal. It is an electrical insulator, this is the first I've heard of using it as a thermal insulator. What about ceramic coating?

Back