Greetings from Manila

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
welcome from Phoenix Arizona. I visited your country a few times when I worked for Motorola.

I loved it. Super nice people.

If I remember correctly a v8 was almost impossible to own. Is that still true?

Thanks for all the warm greetings from all over the world Guys! This forum feels like a very special and welcoming place for our much under appreciated 71-73 Stangs! Look forward to sharing stories and making friends here.

Hi Abe,

Welcome from Australia !

Nice Mustang!

Could that be a Gold Glow color i see on that there '73?

Greg:)
Hi Greg!

It's actually the exact Dupont 5H (Medium Metallic Brown) from the American Dupont Catalogue. Thanks to the help I got from Dupont Philippines.

I get that golden brown look at noon time, but towards dusk it changes to this:

img1453m.jpg

WELCOME aboard, Abe!

As somewhat who spent part of every year in the RP from 1969 - 1986, I remember your country with great fondness. I guess part of that fondness is due to my First Lady being from Arayat, Pampanga. I also interacted with (and raced against) many of the old Filipino racers in the 1970s and early 80s, most notably Johnny Ismael and his folks.

I believe you will enjoy this Site as we have dedicated 1971 - 1973 enthusiasts from all over the world.

Again Welcome and I look forward to interacting with you on the individual Forums.

BT
Hi BT!

Small world it is indeed. My dad is from Lubao Pampanga!

Johnny Ismael and his crew are definitely well known in the drag circles here in the PH. I'm in my 30's so I never really reached the prime years of the Clark Base motoring scene, but you might know my old mechanic (when I used to be a GTO man) was Ben Lim.

There are still races at the base, but less and less muscle around. Ed Castro has one of the last Muscle Car garages in the area.

Thanks for the Welcome and I'll see you in the threads!

Abe

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the family, Abe. Tons of great people here, from Europe to the Far East and everywhere inbetween. Except Africa, no members here from the dark continent that I'm aware of. Other than that though...:D

Nice looking car, I like it.

welcome from Phoenix Arizona. I visited your country a few times when I worked for Motorola.

I loved it. Super nice people.

If I remember correctly a v8 was almost impossible to own. Is that still true?
Hi Will! On the contrary, V8's are still pretty easy own, just getting a little harder to find these days. American Servicemen left quite a number and Camaros and Mustangs were being assembled locally in the 60's and 70's. :)

Hi and ::welcome:: to the forum from Luxembourg / Europe.

Funny that 5h looks good on your car. Mine was originally that color and I don´t usually like it at all, but, as I said, yours looks amazingly good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back