Hello All from Louisiana!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from Oklahoma.

Please post up your Marti report if you have one.

Looking for some documentation for your ram air.  Sounds interesting.

Thanks!

Ray
Hi Ray,

Had a Marti report years ago when I first bought the car, but I can't find it now. Guess I'll order another.

The ram air statement is just based on my preliminary research online but may not be completely accurate I'm not sure yet.  I am just starting this journey and learning as I go.

Thanks 

Billy

Well Dang!! No Ram Air!!!

Guess I may have to add it on... I sure like the way it looks.

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Please post up your Marti report if you have one.

Looking for some documentation for your ram air.  Sounds interesting.

Thanks!

Ray
Hi Ray,

Had a Marti report years ago when I first bought the car, but I can't find it now. Guess I'll order another.

The ram air statement is just based on my preliminary research online but may not be completely accurate I'm not sure yet.  I am just starting this journey and learning as I go.

Thanks 

Billy

Well Dang!! No Ram Air!!!

Guess I may have to add it on... I sure like the way it looks.
Wow.  In its original configuration, your convertible is extremely rare!    But just for its most important characteristic (original drivetrain) it is one of 82!!!! 

I realize your car is already modded quite a bit, so IMHO originality is simply historical info.  Adding ram air won't really matter.  Enjoy your car.

Ray

Welcome to the forum from  Atlanta Georgia!

Reach out with any 'vert specific questions...love to help get that one back on the road   ::thumb::

Butch

Wow! Butch that's a great looking pony! Did it come with ram air or was it added? If added, how difficult was the change? Really looking at that option for mine.

Froggy-

Ours entered service looking a lot like yours! We were actually looking for a Mach when we came across this one just a few miles from us, and after test driving with the top down we had to have it. Since we weren't going to have a Mach but still wanted that street fighter look, we took all of the style cues and applied them. ( I always snicker when I see a mythological "MACH 1 Convertible" for sale). Ours is not a functioning ram air setup, just the hood.

Changing the hood out is easy. Save your edge trim and the new one bolts right on. Depending on their condition, you may want to change out your hood hinges while you're at it. It took me forever to get the alignment right due to the wear on ours.

After many attempts to find a solid used hood, I ended up going with a reproduction Dynacorn unit. I'm fortunate as I have a Mustang supply house just 30 minutes away so I was able to order the hood and run down to pick it up, saving a few $$ on shipping.

Keep the picts coming as the adventure begins- and reach out when you need an assist!

Butch

Back