Hello from Adelaide

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
::welcome:: Very nice example, I like that color blue!

Fosters, Australian for Beer! Hmmm, been awhile since I've had one come to think of it!
How'd beer get in the conversation?

I said it earlier but that car is so fine-looking I'll say it again...that's an awesome car you've got!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello to you, amazing Mustang ! Love the deep blue color :)

Hi Bruce and welcome to the site.

::welcome::

That gloss black center stripe goes well with the blue. I like it!
I'm glad you mentioned the black stripe on the bonnet. That was the only part of the restoration I wasn't sure about. The stripe is original but it's supposed to be satin and not shiney. The car was originally light blue. The paint was horrible in every way. We decided to do the stripe in gloss only because the rest of the car is shiney. Not very imaginative I know but I did like the results. There are not a lot of 71 to 73 Mustangs in Australia compaired to the earlier models and certainly not too many in South Australia so your opinion means a great deal to me. If you get the chance have a look at the Mustang Owners Club of South Australia and our car comes up a few times in the club run photos. While you're at it check out the Victorian site on the picture gallery from the Queensland nations. It is exceptionally good. My best regards to all and those of you who are in the path of the hurricane stay safe. Bruce.

Welcome from next door (Victoria). Very nice car!

Feel free to stick a pin in the user map, at the moment it's a bit Northern Hemisphere top heavy.

http://www.7173mustangs.com/usermap.php
Gotta say, yours is awesome!!! Also I'm actually a Mexican as well. We just livin the south. We're from Warnambool.

Bruce

Quite a few members from Oz on here now! You guys should start your own 71-73 car club (admittedly still a little light on members for an actual car club, I know).

Welcome Bruce!
NO WAY!!! You guys grew up with muscle cars. We had to endure HR Holdens, poorly made Valients and assorted English crap. How would this sound on a forum? "I've just changed my Vauxhall Viva 1100cc low compresion motor to the twin carby high compression 1200cc motor so now I've got 65 horsepower and 12 pounds of tourqe". I ain't the same.

::welcome:: Very nice example, I like that color blue!

Fosters, Australian for Beer! Hmmm, been awhile since I've had one come to think of it!
The best thing about Australians is that beer matters. If I told Badmach Fosters is crap, and it is, he will be quite happy to drive the 300 miles just to kick my ass. If I told him Coopers Pale Ale is all you need he'll agree and offer his sister to me because I know so much about good beer. If I said West End is better than his NZ owned Fosters vomit bombs, which is true, he will still drive the 300 miles to kick my ass. Australia does not need an army. All we need are beer drinkers.

HI Bruce and welcome

Im a little bit north of you

Im in Marsden about 50ks north of Surfers paradise

and whats this about beer

XXXX is the way to go

West end soso

Southwick not bad

Fosters crap

anyway again welcome

good on you for being from Warnoombool

I grew up in Melbourne

John

HI Bruce and welcome

Im a little bit north of you

Im in Marsden about 50ks north of Surfers paradise

and whats this about beer

XXXX is the way to go

West end soso

Southwick not bad

Fosters crap

anyway again welcome

good on you for being from Warnoombool

I grew up in Melbourne

John
I forgot about the XXXX. It's truly a good beer. The best thing to come out of Queensland since the bent banana. That means the Mexican is coming around to kick my ass. I need to buy a carton of Coopers and a carton of 4 X to appease him.I still love Warnambool but it would seem the GFC has had an effect on it. Adelaide was so lucky to avoid the drama's only because of it's size and the Ruddy munny we all got.

::chili:: Actually, Fosters was the only thing I could think of at the time, I liked the commercials! Glad to see it prompted some lively discussion:exclamation: If all Australia needs is beer drinkers, let me get my hat! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back