Hello from Jarvenpaa Finland

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello from Mississippi.

That  Mach 1 looks like it has been sealed in a time capsule. Assuming the underhood inspection stickers, paint marks and items like the hose clamps are indeed original, that car almost needs to be in a museum. I see very little that would keep it from having that just built look.  There are many knowledgeable members here who will definitely help you with any questions you may have.

Welcome to your new Mustang home!

Hi Iku64,

nice Mustang you got there, have you joined the FMOC Finland? There's a some information about these cars but not as much as here. I don't follow FMOC forum much, I did followed it for long time though. This is a great forum to ask specific '71-'73 questions.

Greetings from South-West Finland

Jari
Howdy and thank you Jari,

Yes I've joined FMOC at 2018  I have send messages at FMOC forums and facebook..you can find me with name IstoT.

And I have found myself searching answers for my problems here because here is lot of information and people with deep knowledge of these 71-73  mustangs.

-Isto

Welcome from sweden, like your car !
Thx Nilsson,

I bought this car from Sweden last summmer (2019) from old chap Sivert Rask who is owner of Raask Motor AB at Nissafors. Good chap and still at 71 year age he was making business and planing new exhausts for some Harley model..:). We were spending night at Gislaved in little hotel where F1 drivers were sleeped during 70's races..:).

This car was bought 09/71 by Swedesh chap ..he owned it about 20 years..then some dealer (who spoiled painting by trying to polish it with machine) and then this Sivert  bought it at 90's.

Hello from Mississippi.

That  Mach 1 looks like it has been sealed in a time capsule. Assuming the underhood inspection stickers, paint marks and items like the hose clamps are indeed original, that car almost needs to be in a museum. I see very little that would keep it from having that just built look.  There are many knowledgeable members here who will definitely help you with any questions you may have.

Welcome to your new Mustang home!
Thx secluff,

What I know this car is almost it's original condition...engine hood has been painted and last owner has been added that mid consol, switched the original clock to rpm gauge and if I remember right at 90's air cleaner and valve covers have changed by dealer. And with help of this forum I now know that this car have Protection Package which was not factory option for Mach 1 but first owner must have wanted. That package makes unique look for this Mach 1..:).

We have wondered what are those big number sticks at firewall..?

Last edited by a moderator:
For A.Nilsson (and othere Swedish readers)..here is first Swedish owner letter. I haven't time to translate this but some day I will..:)

Cool Car!  Welcome from NC, USA!

For A.Nilsson (and othere Swedish readers)..here is first Swedish owner letter. I haven't time to translate this but some day I will..:)

Absolutely think you should get the whole translated but in general it says something like this

Best ford owner!

I have seen that Gert has sold my old beauty,

Which I imported from the US.

When I sold the car it was in very fine condition.

Hope you take care of it.

I visited Gert a few years ago and looked at it.

When I sold it, it was completely original.

It was a nice car.

If you want to send me your phone number, I can call you and tell you a little about the origin of the car.

I am a happy old guy who will soon be 72 years old, but when I sit behind the wheel I turn 35.

I drive a Subaru today to move, I do not know if you can call it a car but it is good to pull the caravan.

If I have the roads past you next summer when I go on vacation, maybe I can see my old lovely red ford again.

Greetings Göran

Best ford owner!

I have seen that Gert has sold my old beauty,

Which I imported from the US.

When I sold the car it was in very fine condition.

Hope you take care of it.

I visited Gert a few years ago and looked at it.

When I sold it, it was completely original.

It was a nice car.

If you want to send me your phone number, I can call you and tell you a little about the origin of the car.

I am a happy old guy who will soon be 72 years old, but when I sit behind the wheel I turn 35.

I drive a Subaru today to move, I do not know if you can call it a car but it is good to pull the caravan.

If I have the roads past you next summer when I go on vacation, maybe I can see my old lovely red ford again.

Greetings Göran
Thx for translation...I save this for my files. Somehow with things like that you can get connected to early owners..that Göran would be 94 now..if he ain't past away.

-IstoT

I just looked old papers and found that I have every Swedish inspection tickets with odometer numbers from day 74/02/25 when it was finally registered to Sweden even it was imported 71/09 to Sweden.

I'm planing to take out all of those numbers and make some kind of history of it...it would be better publish in garage here..I think.

Car have drive n about 139000 km (about 86370 miles)..only mileage which I don't know is how much US owner has driven this car in 1 year.

Back