Hello from Germany

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hello from vienna

welcome aboard

abudi

A big welcome from St. Louis. I spent my High School years in Heidelberg, since my father was a career officer (assigned to NATO CENTAG) at the time out of Hammonds Barracks in Seckenheim, Germany. It was a blast in the late 70's. Have fond memories of going to the Rose Garten in Mannheim for concerts, and hiking through the woods to Hokenheim to watch the races on the back stretch near the chicane. Was all over Mannheim (rivals) and nothing beats the Haupestrusse in Heidelberg. Even had the pleasure of graduating in the Heidelberg Castle. Other recollections are "Bahn Storming" in our Yank Tank (75 Ford Country Squire - Yes with the 465 CI). Nothing like getting an Imperial Land Cruiser to break the century mark. I am keeping my 73 Coupe alive. Nothing as exotic as some of the ones here, but a lot of sentimental value to me. Work a little on it here and there. It's been in the family from the start and was one of the cars I drove before we moved to Germany. Trinke a Eichbahn or Schlossquell for me. Still have a hard time with commercial American brews since I was raised on the German biers. - Tschuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back