Hi from New Zealand

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Ben. Thought your story-re: @ the miles a drive-how much you paid-.... A little while back. If so i believe I referred to my photo album of over 300 pics from my resto-current(w/some problems in my @ $150k i have sunk into mine(over 10years may sound foolish but at 59 years old w/fiighting leg paralysis since 1986 and a blood sugar problem to boot w/all the medications taken for it-feel justifies on my attitude 'can not take your money and what you spend it on' ie,- you can't predict my longevity of when my mobility before I can not drive anymore) and still spending-hopefully its last turn to begin doing some serious driving and car events(that last turn in resto being a final correction on a botched paint-exhaust-brake and dyno tune up job between now and July). Now I wished I had done more of my own work on the array of cars that were really unique for which how much they cost and what little i parted them for-should have kept them. Re: luxury-sports cars as 74 Ford Thunderbird to corvette(but this mustang is by far my favorite as you can see by my pics). My apology of such a more one sided txt but since this web site and even a bigger blow hard on facebook as a last entry if you have interests in a in the drag scene-check out the mustang clubs activities as in a 73 mustang owner Dan Herberth and his further attribution to facebook also known as Pig Vicious (racing) Mustang Dynasty/Mikke (also known as Michael (to) Mike (and) Steve KOHAN

Like the XB coupes my self...When i was growing up watching Mad max, me and my freinds always thought his car was a mach 1 with a grand torino back end...We thought it was some kinda hollywood put together car..Little did we know it was a real production car in Australia..LOL
Ha glad to know I'm not the only one that thought that :) I originally thought it was a 71-73 Fastback, as there weren't many to compair it to in Wales. You know originally Max was to have driven a 71-73 Mustang in the script, but Grant Paige and Peter Arcadipane convinced them that an XB Falcon coupe would be much easier to find and maintain, compaired to the rare and expensive (in Oz) Mustang.

G'Day and ::welcome:: from Western Australia , great story and glad you found us....
Me too Bought my first 71-73 here and already met some great people.

I love your 429, now thats awesome!!!

I live in Auckland, what were you doing over here, Nz is a lovely country to live in :)
Hey Ben,

I lived in Silverdale and was in New Zealand with the East Coast Bays Bible Baptist Church. Absolutely great place to live and I would return given the opportunity.

Enjoy the Mach 1!
Hi Steven

Silverdale's very nice, the countryside is lovely and the people are very friendly, saying that I always find the same everytime I'm in America :)

I drove across the country last year and the people were awesome, especially in the small towns, I love Tucumcari New Mexico so much I nearly bought a house there!

Hi Ben, Congrats on the purchase and welcome to our site. Please be sure to add a pin on our member map under the fun stuff tab at the top of the page.
Hi Don Thanks for such a great site. I've tried to add my pin but it just wont let me for some reason, I don't suppose you can add me in to Papakura Auckland NZ could you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Like the XB coupes my self...When i was growing up watching Mad max, me and my freinds always thought his car was a mach 1 with a grand torino back end...We thought it was some kinda hollywood put together car..Little did we know it was a real production car in Australia..LOL
Ha glad to know I'm not the only one that thought that :) I originally thought it was a 71-73 Fastback, as there weren't many to compair it to in Wales. You know originally Max was to have driven a 71-73 Mustang in the script, but Grant Paige and Peter Arcadipane convinced them that an XB Falcon coupe would be much easier to find and maintain, compaired to the rare and expensive (in Oz) Mustang.

G'Day and ::welcome:: from Western Australia , great story and glad you found us....

I live in Auckland, what were you doing over here, Nz is a lovely country to live in :)
Hey Ben,

I lived in Silverdale and was in New Zealand with the East Coast Bays Bible Baptist Church. Absolutely great place to live and I would return given the opportunity.

Enjoy the Mach 1!
Hi Steven

Silverdale's very nice, the countryside is lovely and the people are very friendly, saying that I always find the same everytime I'm in America :)

I drove across the country last year and the people were awesome, especially in the small towns, I love Tucumcari New Mexico so much I nearly bought a house there!

Hi Ben, Congrats on the purchase and welcome to our site. Please be sure to add a pin on our member map under the fun stuff tab at the top of the page.
Hi Don Thanks for such a great site. I've tried to add my pin but it just wont let me for some reason, I don't suppose you can add me in to Papakura Auckland NZ could you?

Hey Ben,

Enjoy the Mach 1!
Hi Steven

:idea:Ben by fate think fate has befell on me in a positive direction~got a Dr Gas 2 1/2 inch Spin Tech Dual Side Pipe kit which due to false ad thought it was a 2 way/quad exhaust system ie, each muffler having 2 exhaust pipes-each having one going to the side and one extending to the rear. Turns out there is no pipe going out of the other end that would gook up to the headers. To a shallow bore @ 2.5+ inches into into that end and welding an extension to hook up to an under the tunnel to a pair of narrow pipes connected to an X-pipe and onto the 3 inch Hooker Headers should in theory a minimal exhaust noise but still the good old american muscle tune as opposed to the Asian/Euro higher sounding tone. As I have a set of tube sub-frame supports that do not want to cut out, extend the side pipes to the aft of the rear wheels which should divert the kicking up of dust onto the doors the unneccessary noise to the driver and passengers ears. In your work on cars~have you ever come accross such exhaust upgrades from a 2 1/4 inch exhaust and Flowaster 40s to this kind of? Pss-heard a ltd# already sold out for next year @ Fords blessing of the last year old using the Clevelands motor in 2000 Falcons re: model 351 GTA I found on this site locate in a Ford dealership in Australia. The hottest newly built Falcon ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back