Hi guys wanna share some pics of me and my dad's 73 Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lux..... he lives in Roanoke.... prime rattlesnake and copperhead country. LOL....there is NO such thing as a harmless snake!!!! :D they either kill you or make you kill yourself!!! well that's how it works for me. when I was a poor black child we were hauling hay. I picked up a bale and that son of a gun was under the bale, inches from me. it was 97 that day I was shivering and cold sweats as if it was 20 below. How my dad killed it with just his knife, I dont know... it had 12 rattlers on it. He kept those for YEARS. THAT was a big snake. They were on the hay wagon what seemed to be 100 yards away yelling "come on with that bale ...we dont have all day".... I dont remember if the word even came out...." Snnnnnnn AAAAAAAAAAKKKKee" or they just figured it out.
Dang man that would not be fun lol. I'm actually from Massachusetts but i've lived here since I was 6 (im almost 22 now) but i've never really seen any snakes up close which is surprising since when I was younger I was always at my grandfather farm :rolleyes:. But we do have some pretty nasty ones around here (mostly Rattle snakes and Cotton mouths) and they are not to be messed with.

But if I wasn't there I don't think my dad would have looked at the car because of that (he hates snakes lol). Hopefully I wont find the owner of the skin though lol.

But again thanks for the kind words guys this site seems to be alot friendlier then some other mustang sites. Also don't worry I will post pics as soon as they are available. Actually if we can't get the car next week i'll prob call them and see if I can stop by friday after work to snap some more pics.

Welcome from Brisbane Australia

mines a pov pack convertible

250ci and Tbar but electric roof

with power drums all round

now fitted with Aussie disc brakes

anyway welcome again

John

Welcome to the club. I actually just picked up a '73 a few months ago. There's a lot of knowledge on this forum. Good luck with your build.

First of all a warm ::welcome:: to the forum.

That Boss looks killer! Great shot too, btw.

Be careful about the snake though. There is a chance that it is still inside the car. Snakes are great at hiding. And you could climb in and out of the car for weeks without seeing it.

Of course it could still be harmless, depending on what snake it is.

Back to topic: Your Mustang seems to have nice aftermarket rims from what I can see in the pic.
Lux..... he lives in Roanoke.... prime rattlesnake and copperhead country. LOL....there is NO such thing as a harmless snake!!!! :D they either kill you or make you kill yourself!!! well that's how it works for me. when I was a poor black child we were hauling hay. I picked up a bale and that son of a gun was under the bale, inches from me. it was 97 that day I was shivering and cold sweats as if it was 20 below. How my dad killed it with just his knife, I dont know... it had 12 rattlers on it. He kept those for YEARS. THAT was a big snake. They were on the hay wagon what seemed to be 100 yards away yelling "come on with that bale ...we dont have all day".... I dont remember if the word even came out...." Snnnnnnn AAAAAAAAAAKKKKee" or they just figured it out.
It scared Dana so bad he turned white as a ghost and stayed white - even to this day. Lol

Welcome from coastal Alabama!...but from Bristol originally. Looking forward to more pics.

UPDATE: Called the lady today and asked if it was ok if we could come and take some more pics and she said that was fine so we're gonna bring my camera and get some good pics :D. I wish we could get the car tomorrow but although I get off at 12 he's swamped with work so we're stuck. But atleast we can get good pics especially since they took the fence down. I'll try and post them tomorrow night!

Well I got the car paid for and have the title now :D. Hoping to get the car next week but we'll see. Got a bunch of pics of the car and it is definately a good starter. Also I found out that it is a real Mach 1 so im happy. Now we just need to drag it out of the woods! So i'll stop yacking and post some pics :D

Ok computer is loading these pics way to slow so heres half of them i'll post the other half after work tomorrow lol.

DSC00133_zps508d8b32.jpg

DSC00129_zpse2b1a78d.jpg

DSC00128_zpsd6477292.jpg

DSC00130_zpsd53c60cf.jpg

DSC00139_zps1a95c81c.jpg

DSC00136_zps775f7eaf.jpg

DSC00131_zpsa11f36a5.jpg

DSC00135_zpsdee58e21.jpg

A few bad spots but not really bad

Pass Quarter

DSC00140_zpse01bdc8d.jpg

DSC00141_zps778ab91f.jpg

Looks to be in good condition for a restoration. Radio looks original too.
Yea its just getting a light resto nothing crazy. Yes the radio is original and it will be staying in there though I do wanna have it rebuilt so it sounds better and I can hook an mp3 up to it :D.

I know its been repainted but im wondering how the underneath will cleanup. I'll update this as soon as we get it :D.

Very cool man..It looks to still have original radatior and shroud like mine...Check on the top of the radiator for numbers..They are getting hard to find...Deluxe interior too.....Im suprized it doesnt have a consle ...But sometimes people didnt order with them with the deluxe interior...Are you going to get a marti report to figure out her journey and what options she come with from the factory?

Very cool man..It looks to still have original radatior and shroud like mine...Check on the top of the radiator for numbers..They are getting hard to find...Deluxe interior too.....Im suprized it doesnt have a consle ...But sometimes people didnt order with them with the deluxe interior...Are you going to get a marti report to figure out her journey and what options she come with from the factory?
I'll do that lol. Who knows maybe she did have a console but like I said someone started screwin with the interior so maybe it was taken out. I do want to get the cheap $15 report just to know the options and such since the door tag is missing so whenever I get the money to order one I'll post it up ;).

I'll do that lol. Who knows maybe she did have a console but like I said someone started screwin with the interior so maybe it was taken out. I do want to get the cheap $15 report just to know the options and such since the door tag is missing so whenever I get the money to order one I'll post it up ;).

here is a standerd marti report...15$.....and my deluxe report..50$...then my break down report..another 50ish dollars....or you can get the elite that comes with it all for 150 bucks i think and framed....I would almost spring for atleast the deluxe...it tells quite a bit more information and gives you a idea if you should get the break down...you could end up one rare machine...But deluxe report and standerd will give you atleast options..and give you a idea of how rare she is...But have to pay a bit more for all the extra...and yes..the consle could of been took out...some people didnt like them in the way...lol...and even check in the glove box for a warranty tag...its a little metal tag with codes on it..usualy stuck to a peice of paper..But alot pull them off and throw them in the glove box...Not always there..but sometimes you luck out!!..lol

here is a standerd marti report...15$.....and my deluxe report..50$...then my break down report..another 50ish dollars....or you can get the elite that comes with it all for 150 bucks i think and framed....I would almost spring for atleast the deluxe...it tells quite a bit more information and gives you a idea if you should get the break down...you could end up one rare machine...But deluxe report and standerd will give you atleast options..and give you a idea of how rare she is...But have to pay a bit more for all the extra...and yes..the consle could of been took out...some people didnt like them in the way...lol...and even check in the glove box for a warranty tag...its a little metal tag with codes on it..usualy stuck to a peice of paper..But alot pull them off and throw them in the glove box...Not always there..but sometimes you luck out!!..lol
Yea I would like to get one of the big dog ones but for now I would like to get the cheap one to find out the options for now. The Elites are $200 now so that money there could be most of the money towards the 71-73 parts car we're also getting (this ones actually a friend of ours that he said we could buy for parts (he has a bunch of mint first gen mustangs :D)).

Back