Horror and Sci-Fi Movies

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John Carpenter. "Prince of Darkness". Typical low budget John Carpenter movie. It's just 'one of those' movies that kinds of sticks with ya.

If any of you are into time travel movies you MUST check out PRIMER. It's low low low budget. Cost to produce was just $7000 (not a type-o). Most of that cost was on film stock. And he used something like 90% of what he took. I have watched this movie countless times. I have a spread sheet I use to try to figure it out.

Keep it coming folks. I like to watch movies and I don't have to be impressed by the special effects. I prefer a good mind twister over a lot of computer generated special effect. (Not that I don't like those either...)

For those of you who enjoy a good zombie flick. Zombieland is a fun romp.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just watched "Prophecy" last night [again]. That's one of those flicks that just kind sticks with ya as well. Something about the possibility of Bible things going on right under our noses that's a little unnerving, I suppose.

John Carpenter. "Prince of Darkness". Typical low budget John Carpenter movie. It's just 'one of those' movies that kinds of sticks with ya.
John Carpenter has a way of making movies that stick with ya.

If any of you are into time travel movies you MUST check out PRIMER. It's low low low budget. Cost to produce was just $7000 (not a type-o). Most of that cost was on film stock. And he used something like 90% of what he took. I have watched this movie countless times. I have a spread sheet I use to try to figure it out.
You've got my attention with that one.

I just watched "Prophecy" last night [again]. That's one of those flicks that just kind sticks with ya as well. Something about the possibility of Bible things going on right under our noses that's a little unnerving, I suppose.
That's a good one, but I will watch anything with Christopher Walken. He's naturally spooky.

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite sci-fi tv series has to be the 60's Outer Limits.

They had the most creative "monsters".

Still waiting for re-runs on tv.

mike
Got them all for my dad on dvd...lol...They are great.....it reminds me of the old x minus 1 radio show.

My favorite sci-fi tv series has to be the 60's Outer Limits.

They had the most creative "monsters".

Still waiting for re-runs on tv.

mike
Got them all for my dad on dvd...lol...They are great.....it reminds me of the old x minus 1 radio show.
Hyena.... all they know how to do now is make stupid REALITY TV now. I find myself watching Frazier reruns for QUALITY tv. and just think... we sat around while cable companies now charge us to WATCH OUR OWN TV!!!! :D

My favorite horror series:

Evil Dead late 70s

Evil Dead ll (remake of 1). 1980s

Army of Darkness (Evil Dead lll). 90's

Bruce Campbell has lead role. Long story short, bunch of college kids goto a remote cabin in the woods and find an ancient book (book of the dead) that has the power to possess the living. Check em out.

Horror and Sci-Fi are my favorites , I'm a bit old school so the 50s and 60s are the prime meat years for these type of films ,

Sci-Fi Films

Quatermass and the Pit (UK) aka 5 million years to earth USA Title

The Crawling Eye

The Abominable Snowman

Fiend Without a Face

The Devil Commands

Horror Films

Night of the Eagle

Burn Witch Burn

Curse of the Demon

City of the Dead aka Horror Hotel

All the above are great films , I usually try to watch a horror/sci fi every eve and there are tons from the classic period.

AJ

I love scifi movies! I'll watch just about anything...

I even enjoy the SyFy Channel "B" movies like Sharktapus and Raptor Island! LOL...they are so cheesy that they are highly entertaining!

My favorite horror series:

Evil Dead late 70s

Evil Dead ll (remake of 1). 1980s

Army of Darkness (Evil Dead lll). 90's

Bruce Campbell has lead role. Long story short, bunch of college kids goto a remote cabin in the woods and find an ancient book (book of the dead) that has the power to possess the living. Check em out.
got them on dvd...And i got the book of the dead editions too.....Bruce campbell is the one line master ;) lol

What none of the classic listed . like Boris Karloffs Frankenstien.
Speaking only for my own part, and having started the discussion for the sake of discovering new (to me) titles that I haven't yet viewed, I've proceeded on the premise that most people posting here will have viewed the "standards," like the classic Universal Pictures monster movies, many times already. Boris Karloff, Bela Lugosi, Lon Chaney, etc, are such icons, that they come to mind reflexively, at the mention of the genre, in the same way that Black Sabbath comes to mind when one mentions heavy metal music. I've refrained from listing all my favorite Hammer films (I'm a huge Hammer fanatic), only because I assume most will have seen them a dozen or more times. I could be wrong about that, however...

Who likes Hammer horror films?

What none of the classic listed . like Boris Karloffs Frankenstien.
Speaking only for my own part, and having started the discussion for the sake of discovering new (to me) titles that I haven't yet viewed, I've proceeded on the premise that most people posting here will have viewed the "standards," like the classic Universal Pictures monster movies, many times already. Boris Karloff, Bela Lugosi, Lon Chaney, etc, are such icons, that they come to mind reflexively, at the mention of the genre, in the same way that Black Sabbath comes to mind when one mentions heavy metal music. I've refrained from listing all my favorite Hammer films (I'm a huge Hammer fanatic), only because I assume most will have seen them a dozen or more times. I could be wrong about that, however...

Who likes Hammer horror films?
Hammer Films made the last true horror/ Sci Fi Films of the clasic period and were the best.

Try some of their lesser known films like 4 Sided Triangle or x the unknown

Back