How much loss in value due to wrong engine?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the car is as good as you told then go and get it. Finding a date correct 428 CJ can be done - friend of mine at Friendsville TN has a 50 or so FE blocks - no junk - only 428 CJ / 427 : s. I'll let you have his contact information if you want it, he can build you a date correct engine with OEM parts if needed or with some stroke kit to get nice 465 cid for example but have the OEM looks.

If the car has a 351c it is missing its orinal transmission for sure, since sbf and fe has a dirrent bellhousing. How about the rear axle, it's got the N-case intact?

For 35.000 Euros its not the chepest one, but if it's close to concours resto then get it. You can allways sell the 351c 4v, if it is a 4 bolt mains version then there's allways a need for them like the Pantera owners - they want it if its 4-bolt block and with std. or max. 0.030" overbore. A restored true R-code '69-'70 Mustang fetch between to 60.000 - 90.000 Euros here locally. You won't get the VIN to the block but you can a correctly dated parts though - its close as it gets to the orinal.

Good luck for the car hunt!!! Mopar's has a one good thing, they've got the correct bolt pattern 5 x 4 1/2" for the wheels...

I wouldn't say a thing from driveability of a BB car if you haven't ever owned one - HA HAA.

EOM

------------

corrected typo

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Finmach

Thanks for your input.

It has a c6 as stated on the Marti. I don't know about the rear axle. I did not remember all the details to look for especially as I did not want to think about buying it.

But then it was a 3 hour drive home, alone in the car, and you know all the silly thoughts that you will get. When you eventually get home your resolve not to consider buying it has drastically faded. :)

I can ask the guy about the axle.

Back