Interior windshield trim

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MustangSally44

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach1
Hi guys. Anybody have a pic of how this is held on. I'm assuming there's some kind of clip that the trim snaps into or screws into. But I have no idea what it looks like or where to order it in Canada. Previous owner had the front held on with butyl and the back just hanging. I thought easy fix, I'll just put some screws in but there's nothing to screw into. On a side note I was on an old car forum looking for ideas and couldn't get over the negative posts, the name calling, the back bitting. Thanks for being a good group of guys 7173 community. 

20210426_184002.jpg

20210426_184017.jpg

20210426_184027.jpg

20210426_184139.jpg

WOW! That is one beautiful Mach 1!

Not sure if we have a picture of that in our "archives" that we took during disassembly. I'll try and find a picture. But by the time I find it, someone on this forum will be along before that with the correct info.

You have found the best 71-73 Mustang forum. Welcome! And coming from a long time Chevy guy, the folks here are better than other car forums by a lot. I couldn't do the resurrection of my wife's Mach 1 without this place.

My wife did 80-85% of the disassembly and documentation. I asked her and she said yes there are clips.  It may take a bit to find a pic. Not sure if there are differences in years. She just took a pic of what it looks like bare. She's searching for a pic of clips installed right now. And says the clips fit in the open square holes.

trimarea.jpg

Duh... Im so stupid. You guys are the best. Upon closer examination there are screw holes in the sheet metal. Had to peel the headliner back and poke around a bit but they are there.They seem to be on a 45 degree angle from the windshield so of course me trying to put screws in at 90 degrees was missing the mark. Both my wife and I totaly missed this.. You guys are GREAT! Thankyou.

Great! I was momentarily worried my wife's bagging and labeling was incomplete. No clips, just screws in the bag.

Kindred spirits or something like that MustangSally44! MY car in the shop is a 68 Camaro. 

Back