introduction

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ray is correct... My car also have this device functional now... From that leaver un the steering column goes a "gear movement piece" look alike that links the steering column to the the reverse leaver that if you look at it, you´ll see that the reverse leaver has 2 holes and 1 of them is empty in your car...

I´m sorry to be so messy with my explanation but my native language is spanish and this technical stuff mess me up a lot!...

I´ve heard this steering to reverse shift linkage gives a lot of trouble... In my car it appears to be safe and for sure it is a very promitive security system for our cars... As Ray sais, it operates blocking the steering wheel and the reverse shift on and when it is funcional, the only way you can take the key of the ignition is to put the reverse and block the steering wheel...

Not so comfortable to tell you the truth but it is what it is!!

hello jan!! welcome from washington state....you will get alot of good info here from folks about old mustangs and more... and looks like there allready on it..lol.....i got a freind who live in holland...i was suprized how sandy it was there...i guess i just didnt expect that..hehe

Hi Jan and welcome from Australia

I have a 72 convertible with a six cylinder and T bar auto

Mine is right hand drive just like English cars

as we were once sort of part of England we drive on the left

so anyway welcome from Queensland Australia

Never trust a dog to hold a sandwich for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back