JEGS Customer Service

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1969 Mach 1
1973 Mach 1
1973 Grande
1989 LX 5.0L
2003 Mercury Marauder
2015 Lincoln MKT
As some of you may recall, I am in the final phase of acquiring parts for the 545 that I am putting into "The COBRA."

Last Wednesday I ordered a number of motor parts from JEGS to include a set of Fel Pro 1643 valve cover gaskets. I received the order on Saturday but did not get around to checking everything out until Sunday. I determined the gaskets did not match up with my TFS Street Heads or my SVO Ford racing valve covers. After an exhaustive check to include a query on the 460 Ford.COM site, I found (by pulling up a picture of what the gaskets were supposed to look like online) that the gaskets I received were actually in the wrong packaging!

I called JEGS and was advised this rarely happens BUT that it sometimes does. The CSR was profuse in his apology and is sending me another set out today. He also told me I could keep the other set although I do not have a clue as to what they should fit :).

While a mistake was made, I was very impressed with their response.

BT

As some of you may recall, I am in the final phase of acquiring parts for the 545 that I am putting into "The COBRA."

Last Wednesday I ordered a number of motor parts from JEGS to include a set of Fel Pro 1643 valve cover gaskets. I received the order on Saturday but did not get around to checking everything out until Sunday. I determined the gaskets did not match up with my TFS Street Heads or my SVO Ford racing valve covers. After an exhaustive check to include a query on the 460 Ford.COM site, I found (by pulling up a picture of what the gaskets were supposed to look like online) that the gaskets I received were actually in the wrong packaging!

I called JEGS and was advised this rarely happens BUT that it sometimes does. The CSR was profuse in his apology and is sending me another set out today. He also told me I could keep the other set although I do not have a clue as to what they should fit :).

While a mistake was made, I was very impressed with their response.

BT
Jegs has always been good to me, and always has very speedy shipping.

Well, I received the "new" valve cover gaskets and unfortunately they too were the wrong ones. While they were packaged as Fel Pro #1643 (BBF) they did not match up with my Trick Flow heads or SVO valve covers.

I went out on the WEB and eventually found a picture of the gaskets that were in the package; they are actually #1634 and for a big block Pontiac. I called JEGS again with the additional information and was informed that they had six (6) sets on the shelf and they were ALL apparently packaged incorrectly. So now, JEGS is having them drop shipped to me directly from Fel Pro.

It looks like it will be at least another month or so before I can have the motor assembled and dynoed as I am also on back order for my Jomar Stud Girdle:(.

BT

I just had a similar experience. Ordered some new points, plugs and plug wires from Jegs last week and had been waiting for them to come in for a while (shipping got delayed because of the holiday). I finally got the package yesterday and unfortunately they sent me the wrong plug wires. I ordered straight boots and they sent me angled. It was the right box and part number, but it had been opened and the wrong wires were it in.

I gave them a call and was talking to an actual person after the second ring, that instantly made me happy. After explaining the situation, the lady was very helpful and setup a replacement order for the correct wires and emailed me a prepaid shipping label to send the wrong ones back. I asked when the new ones would arrive and she said most likely next Monday. I told her that was unfortunate because I really wanted to get everything on my car asap so I could get it running. She asked me to hold for a minute. When she came back she told me that she had the order changed to express 2 day shipping since it wasn't my fault that the wrong wires were in the box. I told her that this was only my second order with them but it certainly won't be the last. That kind of service makes for lifetime customers.

Last edited by a moderator:
GREAT news!! I received the valve cover gaskets today, directly from Federal Mogul!

Now, I only have to receive the Jomar Stud Girdle and the 545 is off to Missouri for machine work, assembly and dyno testing.

I am getting EXCITED!!

BT

Back