Jill, 1971 Sportsroof

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
I have a low rust/lots of dents '71 sportsroof.
Last April I bought Jill (1971 Sportsroof) and took delivery of a '66 coupe from the same friend. The plan was for him to bring Jill up to my house sometime soon after that. Live and a wrecked truck got in the way of that plan but today he was able to bring Jill over. He and his wife have a more than a few cats. Their cat Felix hid in the '66 when it was towed here. While we were pulling it off the trailer Felix jumped out and walked off into the woods. After ten days he came back to my house and would hang around outside. While he was having dinner one evening I tried to pick him up to put him in a cage for return to his house. He let me know that his visit was not over. In about half a second I wondered where he went. Two seconds later I wondered why I was bleeding. He is quick. Felix soon decided to move into the house. He was happy to have his back scratched but even his "Mom" could not catch and hold him to bring him back to his home. She tried every couple of months but he made it clear that he was not ready to leave. We decided to make another attempt to put Felix in a crate after unloading the '71 tonight. My wife scooped him up and put him in the carrier. He did not want to leave but he's on his way home. One more horse and one less cat.

DSCN6314.jpg

DSCN6313.jpg

DSCN1161.jpg

DSCN1689.jpg

DSCN1690.jpg

DSCN1694.jpg

A lot of people say they hate Grant steering wheels so I though I share some shots. I agree that their stuff can feel a little "flimsy" compared to Sparco, Momo, Racemark or other big $$$ stuff but the other way to look at it is that Grant is a weight reduction piece. If you use the steering wheel to pull yourself out of a car then the Grant might not be the best choice but I've never had issues with them. Their billet hub seems pretty well made. The 14" wheel blocks the gauges slightly but I think I can live with it.

DSCN6322.jpg

DSCN6325.jpg

DSCN6327.jpg

DSCN6328.jpg

I like to break up a project into phases. Jill has two phases:

Phase 1

The easy stuff that gives immediate gratification.

Phase 2

The difficult and tedious stuff.

I think Phase 1 is now over.

Back