Long Time coming 1973 Mach1 restomod

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I enjoy seeing progress photos. When we were having our 1973 Mach 1 deeply re$tored we stopped by weekly, not to goose the tech along, but just to take progress photos and chat with the tech and shop owner about anything that might have come up. I also paid on-the-fly each month to make certain the shop was not floating an excessive amount of money, which had the side effect of us always being welcomed whenever we showed up, heh heh... I ended up putting our progress photos into a video, and have a 2nd video showing the finished project. We are very pleased with how it turned out.

https://youtu.be/y0MiVAFj_sQ

https://youtu.be/_Fl0B-qmlLI

I look forward to ever more photos of your Mustang as it progresses...

Meanwhile, I am going to go through your photos again, this time looking for photos I ought to copy into my ever growing little library of files showing various points of detail I find are extra useful.
That's a awesome restoration and amazing finished 73 Mach1. I'm going more with a restomod but my OCD will get the best of me snd and make this restoration a longer project.

That's an awesome restoration and amazing finished 73 Mach1. I'm going more with a restomod but my OCD will get the best of me snd and make this restoration a longer project.
OCD is fine as long as you are making progress

From one OCD to another….you can do this!

I have to ask... is there a reason you didn't just rip out the cowl hat that is rotting away? You went through the trouble of opening up that cancer spot, but didn't really do much. I'm worried that future you is going to run into leaks again since the holes/pitting is so close to the hat butt to cowl surface.
I am planing in redoing the cowl now that there is replacement cowl being offered. At the time I fixed mine this was the only option I had.

Back