• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted looking for an Autolite 4300 carburetor stamped D1OF - FA

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok...you request caught me off guard. I think it is well known in the community that the 71 4V (auto) engines came with a D1OF-AAA. All of them. The "FA" ..I said I have seen that before. Yes, I looked up in the catalog and to my amazement , as it never clicked in before, was the stamp ID listed as D1OF-FA.
My knowledge on those vehicles, including neutron stars, is limited to 44 years. I have had many many on Mustang all were D1OF AAA see pic.I do not have a tag right now...that I know of. This is a pic of a carb I have

Attachments

• D1OF AAA 1.jpeg
    D1OF AAA 1.jpeg
    404.9 KB · Views: 3
  • D1OF AAA 2.jpeg
    D1OF AAA 2.jpeg
    407.8 KB · Views: 2
Ok...you request caught me off guard. I think it is well known in the community that the 71 4V (auto) engines came with a D1OF-AAA. All of them. The "FA" ..I said I have seen that before. Yes, I looked up in the catalog and to my amazement , as it never clicked in before, was the stamp ID listed as D1OF-FA.
My knowledge on those vehicles, including neutron stars, is limited to 44 years. I have had many many on Mustang all were D1OF AAA see pic.I do not have a tag right now...that I know of. This is a pic of a carb I have
i wish the carburetor that i needed was the D1OF-AAA. as i have located a couple of those. the D1OF-FA seems to be a bit more difficult to locate. my car has often been referred to as an "early 71'". perhaps that is why my carb is stamped differently. west coast custom cougars has the D1OF-FA listed on their website. however, it is currently listed as "out of stock". i originally had the carb that i am searching for. at the beginning of my restoration i had sent it off to be rebuilt. when i got it back i didnt pay much attention to it. simply sticking it on the shelf until such time as i was ready to install it. several years have now gone by, and i only recently noticed that the carburetor that i received was not the same one as i had sent off. someone pulled the old "switch-a-roo" on me. they seem to have taken my original carb as a core, and sent me a motorcraft instead. i am very disappointed. arggggg !

Last edited:
can you tell me more. you seem to say that everyone knows that D1OF-AAA is what was used on 4v/auto engines. but then you say that you were able to find the D1OF-FA in a book somewhere. so, what else did your book say ? would the D1OF-FA have been on a Dearborn (oct 6, 1970) 1971 grande with a 351c 4v / c6 ?
WCCC webpage lists a D1OF-FA (although out of stock) in their mustang section. someone has recently told me that it wouldve been on a 71' torino instead. what are your thoughts ?

Back