• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted Looking for heater/AC related parts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tocruise

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Ford Mustang Mach 1
I've responded to a couple fo the selling posts on here of old AC heater-box parts, but I'll post this too I guess. I'm primarily looking for a heater box if anyone has one, that'll fit in a 73 mustang. I don't mind if the cores need reswapping or if it needs completely rebuilding. Also looking for the ducts and tubing, if anyone has those.

Thanks

I have a heater core from a 71 in great shape, should fit but check to make sure. I’ll check if I kept any of the hoses. I know have the control panel. Located in NY

Oh man that would be great. The control panel is something I also need (but I'm looking for the one that is A/C if that's the one you have I'd be interested in that).

I must have thrown out the hoses and AC stuff. Here’s what I found with a quick look - heater core, controls - non AC, vent panel (passenger side?)

That's a shame, no worries! The controls look in great condition, but I am ideally looking for one with AC. I'll probably pass, just on account of shipping just the heater core here would probably cost more than a new one haha. Thanks again (y)

I have a couple heater/a/c controls.
20240921_113501.jpg
I'll get a better pic in an hour or so.

Thanks man. I've had someone DM me about a AC controller but I'll get in touch if that falls through.

Everyone on here is so incredibly helpful. To say I appreciate it is probably an understatement.
It's what a lot of us are here for.

Pics if you need them. One seems to be an 11/70 item with metal vacuum block and a switch on the back for something.
Other one is later with plastic block. With a different switch on the others idea.
I'm not familiar with what the significance is. Maybe none.
20241015_142235.jpg20241015_142148.jpg20241015_142130.jpg

I have the full system minus condenser and a few bits outside Atlanta, but it would be a pain to ship. If you find yourself short something small let me know….

I have the full system minus condenser and a few bits outside Atlanta, but it would be a pain to ship. If you find yourself short something small let me know….

Will do. I managed to find a guy selling a full unit in rough shape on ebay, so I'm just taking that and I'll restore what I can.

EDIT: Right after posting this, he cancelled the order saying he no longer wanted to ship it. So back to the drawing board on this I guess!

I've responded to a couple fo the selling posts on here of old AC heater-box parts, but I'll post this too I guess. I'm primarily looking for a heater box if anyone has one, that'll fit in a 73 mustang. I don't mind if the cores need reswapping or if it needs completely rebuilding. Also looking for the ducts and tubing, if anyone has those.

Thanks
Check on Facebook with Gilbert Davenport, he has so many 71-73 Mustang OEM parts, he is very fair to work with

Back